cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we have a java stack on BI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We want to install Information Broadcasting on our BI 7.0 system, however one of the prerequsites is to have a JAVA stack, however i'm not 100% sure if we have one, as we never needed to any sole JAVA functionality of BI.

I've looked under the MMC, couldn't find any J2EE tables, looked into the folder structure, didn't find any any real J2EE folder under the run folder. However we running a search i did find few "j2ee" related items, such as a j2eechk.txt, would that mean we have a j2ee stack? Is there a definite way to find out?

Thanks much and happy weekend!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sounds like you don't. check for /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/j2ee. if it's there, you probably do, if not, you probably don't.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

More over this, SAP recommands to install BI JAVA always on a separte host than your normal BI system.

So It is always advisbale to install BI JAVA on your portal side to which you will connect your BI system for BI Broadcasting.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carolos,

Thanks, yes I don't have that. only the DEV** and SYS folders. Would that be a 100% answer that there's no JAVA Stack? Would there be any transaction to confirm that?

Thanks again,

Samer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Yes, we have an separate EP environment, would that be enough to install Information Broadcasting knowing that appearently our BI landscape is ABAP only? Any more beneficial information you can offer? Should I install the whole system on the EP landscape? Is this what I"m following:?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/84/30984076b84063e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Many thanks,

Samer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

If your BI system is having only ABAP stack, So there is nothing to worry.

All you have to done is to check that is BI JAVA is installed on your EP server or not.

To check that BI JAVA is installed or not, please look for the components in system information (Mainly BIWEBAPP and BI-BASE-S).

Please note that for BI Broadcasting, your BI JAVA and ABAP BI should also be on having specific SPS (Please check SAPNOTE "SAP Note 1013369 - SAP NetWeaver 7.0 BI - intermediate Support Packages"

With Regards,

Saurabh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inorder to find out whether you have a J2EE Engine or not, you can login to your ABAP Engine and go to the transaction SMICM.

SMICM >> GoTo >> HTTP Server >> Display Data

This will give you the status of the J2EE installation as well as its operation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vijay