cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There are no stack configurations available in the Maintenance Optimizer

Allan1
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am trying to install Enhancement Pack 3 (EhP 3) on our DEV system, using SAINT.

When I press the u201CStack Configurationu201D button, I get a pop-up that says, "There are no stack configurations available in the Maintenance Optimizer". However, the xml files do exist on our solution manager server, in the "eps\in" directory.

I have already installed Enhancement Pack 3 on our SANDBOX system and this problem did not occur. In SANDBOX I was prompted to login to Solution Manager; when I logged in, I got a pop-up dialog box allowing me to select the option "Support Package Stack 04 for Enhancement Package 3".

How do I get my DEV system to find the XML configuration files?

Thanks you.

Allan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> When I press the u201CStack Configurationu201D button, I get a pop-up that says, "There are no stack configurations available in the Maintenance Optimizer". However, the xml files do exist on our solution manager server, in the "eps\in" directory.

And has the system an RFC connection to the SolMan system to get that file?

Markus

Allan1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Our DEV system is defined in our solution manager.

What should the RFC be named?

We have RFC's named: TMSADM@..., TMSSUP@... and TRUSTING_SYSTEM@... that all point to our solman and the are working.

Thank you.

Allan

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another idea: did you create an MOPZ task for the DEV system?

Markus

Allan1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Markus.

Yes, the MOPZ task included Sandbox, DEV, QA and PROD.

I also tried copying the XML files into the DEV system, from Solman, which didn't work.

Thanks again, Markus.

Allan

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I also tried copying the XML files into the DEV system, from Solman, which didn't work.

Did you copy it to your download directory on the server and "told" EHPI so?

Markus

Allan1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Markus.

I copied these files:

SMSDXML.xml

SMSDXML_CROSSSYS_20090428191319.806.xml

SMSDXML_CROSSSYS_20090428191320.696.txt

into the "trans\eps\in" folder.

I'm using SAINT, not EHPI, for the installation. I was hoping that it would simply find the files.

How do I "tell" the system the files are there?

Thanks, Markus.

Allan

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I'm using SAINT, not EHPI, for the installation. I was hoping that it would simply find the files.

Oh - for SAINT it's not necessary to have it. SAINT can generate a queue without the .XML (and depending on your SPAM version it may not be able to do so if too low...)

Markus

Allan1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

We are using Version 7.00/034 for SAINT.

The odd thing is that our SANDBOX allowed me to obtaint the XML file from SolMan, but I can't get it in our DEV system. Both system are the same level. (By the way, our system are ECC 6.0, SPS12).

In any case, I decided to forge ahead with the DEV system, manually. (Next, we'll see if QA will find the files).

FYI... in case anyone is interested, here's the overview. (The EhP 3 SPS04 stack was already downloaded, and the ABAP releated files were extracted into the "EPS\in" folder).

1) I used SAINT to select, and import, the ECC-SE 603 add-on. As I understand it, this step was required before I could import the rest of the EhP 3 SPS04 stack. (This step was finished before I made this forum post).

2) Then, after item 1 finished, I manually selected ALL of the components that were relevant for EhP 3 SPS04 (everything else). (This is where I should have been able to use the u201CStack Configurationu201D button to get the XML file). On a subsequent screen, I set each component to the highest available support package, which I don't recall doing in the SANDBOX, where the XML file was available.

3) I let SAINT do its' thing.

The process finished today, and it looks like everthing went fine.

I'll let the testers have a go before I start QA.

Thanks for you help, Markus.

Allan

Edited by: Allan Moore on May 15, 2009 8:35 AM - Updated info in item # 2.

Allan1
Explorer
0 Kudos

An update...

There didn't seem to be any issues with our DEV system, so I have installed EhP 3 in our QA system in the same manner. It finished fine and is being tested. (I plan to do PROD the same way).

Allan