cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Printer in ME21N Message Output

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just upgrade our system from R/3 to ECC and all the buyers lost their default printer. Everytime when they go into Message Output, they have to selec the printer in the communication method.

It's already defaulted in their Own Data under Defaults (Spool Control)

Do I have to enter anything in the parameters?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see OSS Note 446041 - Consulting: Message records and user master data

and as well the mentioned related notes

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THanks for all the replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked those settions too. And also the settings for purch Org.

Edited by: Seema Anantha on May 19, 2009 9:17 PM

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or you can maintain a default printer to the purchase group at SPRO , message control in IM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seema,

Please check the default message type for the PO in transaction code MN04.

If it is maintaned there, it will populate automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked in MN04, and there is a condition maintained for NEU with doc type combination NB. It says it will go to a particular printer. But when I go into the PO, it doens't populate in the communication method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seema,

The default Printer Can be Mantained in the Communication Tab in the MN04.(while creating or in Change MN05.

So that the Default Printer Will trigger.

in Standard Normally we use LOCL ,which is a local printer that in your default printer for the windows on your system.

Note : the Setting in MN04 will always effect to the new orders only ...the old ordersd need to be manually Modified.

The Defaut Printer can also be Maintained in SU3 in the defautls tab ,and is user Specific.

Manual change can be done in in Me22N

Enter the Message Type ( For which your Smart Form is attached) and then the Partener function VN,

and the Print out option (option 1) and then you have to add (option 3 for ME9F or 4 to print out immediately after saving) in the Tab Further data

and have to add the Printer name (eg-LOCL) in the Comunication TAB and check the option Print immediately.

and then save it.

Hope so it helps

Regards

Anjanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Seema,

Since you are saying it is a Problem in Print our .did you maintain the default message Type for the PO Print out .

It is Maintained in MN04 --T code.

Go to the T code and Maintain your PO output message types for the PO doctype level or your prefered level and give all details like the partner function and the processing status and the printer setting.

and print imediately check box has to be checked in .

bu doing this the out put will be automatically triggered.

NOte the above setting effects only for the nely created POs.

Hope so it helps

Regards

Anjanna.