cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POs not in confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

We are having an issue with confirmaitons. Sometimes, POs created are not showing in confirmation.

This is happening very rarely line once in 500 POs. If reorder the PO by entering some texts then it is showing in confirmation screen.

I couldn't see any change in status, before and after making any changes to the PO. It is always as shown below:

HEADER I1015 Awaiting Approval X

HEADER I1021 Created

HEADER I1038 Complete

HEADER I1043 Ordered

HEADER I1080 In Transfer to Execution Syst. X

HEADER I1120 Change was Transmitted

HEADER I1180 Document Completed

0000000001 I1021 Created

But still not sure, why it is not showing up in confirmation. I am trying to find out the root cause.

Could you please help me to understand the logic of the confirmation transaction? How this will get the open POs?

I am using SRM 4.0 and extended classic scenario.

Thanks.

ss

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Pl. check the different indicators in PO like 'bbp_pdhgp-doc_incomplete' or Last delivery is checked.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeev,

Thanks for the reply.

Last delviery is not.

I mentioned that if I make any changes to the PO, then it is showing in the confirmation screen.

I want to know, which are all the POs that will be considered by confirmation transaction. Is there any table for that?

Thanks,

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

SS,

I do not know the specific criteria that determines which PO's will be shown in the confirmation transaction. However, we have been experiencing the same issue you described and have made some progress on what the issue is (unfortunately though we do not yet have a resolution). So I wanted to share our findings in the event it helps you.

In our situation, the reason the PO is not showing in the confirmation transaction is that SRM thinks the PO has not been replicated to the back-end (even though the PO has in fact been replicated). The issue appears to be a timing issue. To see if you are having the same issue, please display the PO that has the problem. On the Basic Data tab, scroll to the bottom and select the Help button (or the Display Change Documents button if you have version control turned on). Scroll down to the "Data for Template/Follow-On Documents Header" section. In there, plesae see if the most recent entry shows a New Value of blank for the following 3 fields:

- Logical System of Logistics Backend

- Follow-On Document Object ID in Backend

- Follow-On Document Object Type in Backend System

If those values are blank, you are hitting the same issue we are seeing. To replicate the issue, all you need to do is create a new PO. Go in and change it very quickly (say within 10 seconds of it being created). After doing so, the actual change will be replicated to the back-end, but SRM will think the change was not replicated and you will not be able to enter a confirmation in SRM.

I hope this gets you further along in resolving your issue.

Thanks,

Jill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jill.

I will check that. Looks like a valid reason.

Between, I contacted SAP for this issue. They could able to find only that the field DOC_FLOW_CTRL field in table BBP_PDHGP is not getting updated with the value 5. But still we are not sure, why that field is getting udpated. Let me give a try as you suggested.

Thanks,

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

SS,

Thanks for sharing the information that you learned from SAP. I checked my "issue" PO's and the DOC_FLOW_CTRL field in table BBP_PDHGP is blank, so is not getting updated with the value 5 either. I sure hope my replication steps help you out.

If you do get a fix from SAP, please update this discussion with the OSS note so we can apply it as well.

Thanks,

Jill

Answers (0)