cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Free Shipping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I have a requirement which seems to be logical but i am confused so as to configure it in the system.

Our business charges the customer a shipping charge on the total order value basis.

So i have a few freight condition type for calculating the shipping charge to be applied to the customer.

One or more than one of them can be determined to cumulatively give the final shipping charge to be applied to the customer.

Now the requirement is that eligible customers who order more than $70 goods should get free shipping.

So here is the issue i am facing,

Currently the pricing procedure is as follows:

Base price conditions

Discounts

Shipping conditions

Tax conditions.

Now what I thought is I would create another condition type as a discount and give 100% discount for eligible customers. The scale basis can be kept value and starting value can be kept 70 so as to apply it only if the order value for free shipping is met.

But we are using 3 shipping conditions as follows:

ZSHH

ZSH1

ZSH2

which calculate the shipping charge to be applied. Now if i keep my free shipping condition type below this, when the value of $70 is met for eligible customers, the 100% discount is applied which is making the entire order value 0. this is as it is applying a 100% discount to all the condition types determined above it.

Is there a way that I can just make the cumulative valule of the 3 mentioned shipping conditions = 0, when the order value goes above the right amount.

I am having issues applying the 100% discount only to a particular line entry in the procedure. Is it possible to do it somehow ?

Or if any other soultion is there kindly suggest me ?

As there are 3 condition types used for shipping, I dont want to create and exact replica of individual shipping conditions with them to be discounts so that they nullify the charge.

Thanks

Vinit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Think if this is feasible:

Your shipping tax is calculated on the total value of the customer order. So define a new condition type ZSHP for shipping surcharge which is calculated on the net value of the sales order (including or excluding discounts as per your requirement). For eg you want to calculate tax on the gross value (before discounts). In pricing procedure gross value is stored in sub total 1 KOMP-KZWI1.

In the requirement routine of that condition type put a condition that ZSHP should apply only if KOMP-KZWI1 <= $ 70.

Similaly if ZSHP is to be calculated from net value after taxes & discounts (sub total 3) then your condition type should apply only if KOMP-KZWI3 <= $70.

Check if this works.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I appreciate your instant replies. I wanted to add to my requirement.

The price limit is not hard & fast. It might change based on the marketting strategy. So if its $70 today, it might be $100 tomm.

So I am not sure if i can create a requirement to apply the condition type only if it is above $70.

Can this requirement dynamically pick up the value e.g. $70 in this case ?

Well I havent thought about using Exclusion groups, so might be a good idea to think if it works.

Thanks

Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i will merely forward to you the general concepts, which are:

1. for your condition type (100% discount), specify a surcharge based on the range of the order VALUE starting at 70 and up.

2. assign your condition types to an exclusion group. further specify that this 100% discount will deactivate the other condition types if/when the condition is met.

regards.