cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process chain warning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I created a process chain for master data text with 'Always' as link between the processes. Couple of 'processes' do not have data in the source system and hence ending up as warning(yellow) in the monitor, with return code 8. As a result, the next process connected to this process is running at all.

My point is since I used 'always' as connector between processes, the next process should be triggered. I manually changed status to 'green' and then the next process ran. Please give me your experiences and alternatives.

Thanks in anticipation

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

yellow means that the process is still active (loading is going on) . you can check in the source system for this .or it can be a problem with the idocs either in the BW or R3 not getting processed . you can either Check the details tab or step by step analysis in the monitor to find where exactly the problem lies .

Regards,

Biyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Biyaz,

Yes it is idocs issue. Any ideas to resolve. The message in the status tab of monitor is:

No data available

Diagnosis

The data request was a full update.

In this case, the corresponding table in the source system does not

contain any data.

System Response

Info IDoc received with status 8.

Procedure

Check the data basis in the source system.

And the message in Details tab is

No data available, data selection ended

Thanks in advance.

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Info IDoc received with status 8. means no data available in ECC/R3... It is not loading issue.. Check the corresponding ECC/R3 table why data is not available.

Agreed. Still curious to know is

1)when the number of records are '0', an infopackage returns green. But in process chains why it does not turn green?

This is true, only if u have following setting

Double click ur infopackage .. follow menu

Schedular -> Traffic Light color for empty request -> select either green or red (usually red)

+2) what are the options to make sure the other processes run? +

What we r doing is for every datasource we created TWO infopackages one for manual load and other for (to include in) process chains. we did above setting for PC infopackage so that PC should continue to finish when the process type is connected with 'Always'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. V,

Thanks a bunch. points assigned.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My point is since I used 'always' as connector between processes

Here 'Always' means either RED or GREEN, not YELLOW (status 😎

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed. Still curious to know is

1)when the number of records are '0', an infopackage returns green. But in process chains why it does not turn green?

2) what are the options to make sure the other processes run? Thanks for your input.