cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Country of Origin declaration when shipping within same country

andy_austin
Explorer
0 Kudos

In ECC 6.0, I have a requirement to declare a COO on the delivery when shipping within the same country. (example: China customer from China plant requires a customs check at the free trade zone) Unfortunately the COO determination on the delivery requires that the destination country be different than the shipping country.

I found an SAP note (109492) that speaks to this scenario. An excerpt:

"In the standard system, the system only proposes export data if the country

of departure is different from the country of the ship-to party.

If you want the system to propose to export data in other situations too,

here you must insert a corresponding customer modification."

However, I find it hard to believe that SAP recommends a mod for an issue for a global issue such as this. We can't be the only company that customs officials request a COO declaration for this scenario, can we?

Have any of you run across this issue? How did you resolve?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ECC 6 there is an explicit enhancement option available in subroutine LIKP_EXPORT_BESTIMMEN. Just after this enhancement point the system does a check comparing the ship-from country to the ship-to country. If the countries are equal it bypasses the call to generate the foreign trade data (ie populating EIPO).

You can use the explicit enhancement point to insert your own code that calls the function module 'EXPORT_GENERAL_DATA_PROPOSE' based on your own checks (ie China shipping to China) and if your custom checks are successful simply exit the LIKP_EXPORT_BESTIMMEN. This way you do not modify standard code and do not have issues with patching in the future.

Regards,

Rachael

andy_austin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Rachael. This is helpful though we did use a different solution. Thanks for the information!

-andy