Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Infocube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

we are currently facing the following situation:

We have a data source only being able to deliver full update, also this datasource having Data selection option Fiscal Year Period.

I would like to load data as follows PSA-->INFOCUBE

1. Fiscal Year Period = 200801 to 200812-one time load.

2. Fiscal Year Period = 200901 to 200904-one time load.

3. Fiscal Year Period = 200901 to 200905 - as Delta load daily in May,June,July,......Dec.

I'm using BI7.0

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well here are two problems....first take dinamically the value of the filter and second delete the previous load in the same month...

For the first problem you can use OLAP vairables in infopackage in the filters tab you can see a column "Type" select type 7 and you can select an OLAP variable in this case search for one variable that gives you the Current 0FISCPER....with this variable is no needed for you to change the value manually....it will change according to system date....

For the second problem....i assume that you make a delta load or it oculd be possible to load the complete month and delete the previous load in order to have the last one and most complete request...

For this you must go to Data Targets tab and click on the "Automatic Loading...." column for you datatarget...here you can define a selective deletion.....configure "Delete Existing Requests" and next "Selections are" "Overlapping" this deletes the previous load in the same month....the first load of a new month wont delete anything...

I hope this helps...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have a couple of options here :

1. Use full load to load the data from R3 to BW via infopackage. Then in the DTP, use the filter option to specify the Fiscal year period range that you want to load the data for.

2. You can use the filter for fiscal year range in the infopackage itself to load the relevant data and then load further using DTP.

For more information on using DTP and its modes and filters, please search the forum.

Cheers,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we do that way we are getting keyfigure value double we want changed once (Delta) in each month

Also if we do that way every month we have to change the Fiscal year period range for example June we have to change to 200906 ,July .200907,,we don't want to change the range that should take automatically as current month.

Thanks