cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEM-BPS- Copying Planning Folder/updating/Mapping to different Cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can some one please let me know how to copy Planning Folder with Planning, Packages, Planning Levels, Planning Sequences, Planning Functions, Layout’s etc.

If I Copy by Right clicking on Folder and choosing copy option, do I get everything copied from Folder! What are the other ways of copying Planning Folder !

How can I navigate in folder to identify all contents/PA’s and to see mapping to InfoCube!

How can I map it to different Infocube after copying!

If I want to do copying plus updating Controlling Area and Companycode, how to do it!

What are my choice !

Thank a bunch in advance and I will be anxiously waiting for detailed reply.

Thanks,

Dev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Too many question let me take a shot at answering a few.

1. For copying planning folder please go to transaction UPSPM and right click on the folder that you want to copy. For copying planning Levels and rest all the objects are attached to it (planning package, functions) goto transaction BPS0 and right click on the level select copy and on the popup select the check box with depending object.

2.Goto transaction UPSPM click on the folder that you need to change and select change from the toolbar. Regarding the mapping for cubes you can select the individual item in the planning folder and select detail button this will take you to BPS0 and show the details of the object. Each cube is represented by a planning area in BPS world. you will have to find out from the level,package,function which planning area it's writing too

3. You can use a planning function for copying the data from one planning area (cube) to another.

"If I want to do copying plus updating Controlling Area and Companycode, how to do it!

What are my choice ! "

Please provide some more details on this

thanks

PS-Assigning points is the way to say thanks in SDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying Anand Jain,

UPSPM > p.Folder> R.Click > Copy >By doing this does it copy with all contents of folder !

Does it work independently for executing just like the one it is copied from! or

Do I have to copy P.packages, P.sequences, P. Groups, separately!

If iam copying above mentioned stuff how do I link them to that folder!

I need to change company code to 1500 and controlling area to 1500 from existing numbers after copying P.Folder!

2nd task is P.Area 00002 is has ZBPS0007 as feeding Infocube, but I need to change that scenario to ZBPS0001 as data feeding Cube.

How do I navigate to Infocube from P.Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you copy the folder the underlying objects are not copied only the fodler is copied. I mean it will not copy the levels,packages into new ones it will still refer to the original settings.

If you want ur new planning folder to refer to new levels and config then go into change mode of the folder (UPSPM) and drag and drop the respective functions from the left side window.

I am not sure what is the exact requirement regarding the company code and area do you want to copy the data from someother company code into 1500?

if u goto BPS0 and select the planning area double click on it and you will see the assigned cube on the right side.the other option is tcode SE16 table UPC_BW_AREA.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand Jain thanks a bunch for your reply’s.

Can you Email me your E-Mail address now. My E-Mail address is: koti2001@msn.com

I would like to work out detailed solution & or deal with you with the system in front of me and VPN after 7-00pm PST.