cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Text from Material Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a request to configure sales orders so that they will display the text maintained in the sales text tab in material master. I believe I have to use tcode VOTXN, and do something with the access sequence there, but I am a bit confused.

Could someone help me out with this? And where in the sales order will this text be displayed? Will this text show when the order is printed?

Thanks,

J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Follow this procedure:

1. Go to tcode VOTXN

2. Customer-->Sales document Item ->click the Text types> Check 0001 Material sales text is there and copy or create in text type Z001 Material sales text

3. Come back to initial screen or press F3

4. Check Sales document Item and click Change mode

5. Check Text procedure 01 - Sales item copy like Z1

6. Click on Z1 and select Text ID's in Textprocedure

7. Assign sequence Seq1/ ID Z001- Material Sales text/ check Ref field/ select field Text is obligatory or not obligatory/Acc 21 - header note

8. Select Access sequence and click 21 Material Sales then select Access sequence for Text ID's

9. Assing seq 10, Text object MVKE, ID Z001- Material Sales Text

10. Assign text procedure 01 to your Item Category.

Note: You have to specify Sales text in Material master to show in sales order.

Go to Sales order Item and select Text tab... there you can see your text type Material sales text.

regards

rc gopi

Edited by: Gopi Chandrakesan on May 9, 2009 4:23 AM

Edited by: Gopi Chandrakesan on May 9, 2009 4:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Gopi, it was very helpful.

I made it through step 8, but had a problem on 9. I select Acc 21, then go to Access sequence for Text ID's. In here I see listed 10/VBBP/0001, 20/MVKE/0001, and 30/KNMT/0001. If I try to change MKVE to Z001, I get the error "This combination (MVKE,Z001) is not defined".

I tried creating a new sequence and giving it 10/MKVE/Z001, but the same error popped up. I can't see where this combination needs to be defined. Where must this be done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my opinion it is precoded in Material we cannot extend text id to it. So make use of 0001 Material text id and assign to MVKE then remove text id Z001 and assign 0001 to text procedure. This will solve your problem.

regards

rc gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We were missing one part of that configuration for the standard 0001 ID. Thanks for the help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chanski,

I found this thread as answer to my questions. I followed the steps explained by Gopi and i have the same issue in step 9 (combination of MVKE,Z002 is not defined). Can you please explain what the configuation change you made to get this work.

Thanks

Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same issue.

Can we define the Object MVKE for a new text id Z001 or you have to use the pre defined id MVKE and 0001.

There should be some place where we can define MVKE with a custom text id.

Also can you tell me if we need to enter(50 or 1) anything in the requirement field of the access sequence.

Please let us know

Thanks

SAP Fans..

Answers (0)