cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Orders Balance in BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

Does anyone can help me explaining to me why a Business Partner Master Data of a Customer is showing a negative Orders Balance without a drill down link?. We have Sap Business One 2007A SP00 PL45. I don´t know the reason for this negative value, usually the orders balance show a positive value and has the option of a drill down. All the orders for this customer are closed and none has a negative amount.

Thanks in advance!

Claudia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a case of DB corruption. So in order to resolve the issue please create a message for SAP Support on the Channel Partner Portal. And please donot restore run on your own on the customer database. Please refere to Note 752031.

Regards

Vikas

SAP Business One Forums Team

Edited by: Vikas Rastogi on May 8, 2009 8:20 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the order balance becomes negative, it mostly caused by error.

Please run a simple query:

Select * from ocrd Where OrdersBal < 0

If it results only one record, it should not be a big problem. You may reset this balance by run Admin - Utilities - Restore to restore this BP balance. Usually, this utility should not be run by yourself. You have to get permission from SAP to run it.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Gordon and Bishal thanks very much for you answers.

I ran de query and got 12 records of BP!. So I think I have to create a message for Sap support isn´t it?

Thanks

Claudia

Edited by: Claudia Patricia Gutiérrez Alvarez on May 8, 2009 2:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Negative balance is not an issue.You can have that but if you are not able to drill down.That is probaly corrution of DB .

So log a support to SAP

Thank you

Bishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your setting :

Administration >System Initilisation >Company details >Basic Initlisation

display credit balance with negative balance

negative amount for reverse transaction

Hope this helps

Bishal

Edited by: Bishal Adhikari on May 8, 2009 9:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bishal,

Thanks for answering!. I know we have the setting "Display credit balance with negative sign" and we didn´t chose in the DB the other one you mention, and it usually brings negative balance for Account Balance NOT for Orders Balance............: I would like to know is in what cases the Orders Balance can be negative and why does not show a drill down link???

Thanks a lot

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have order for item that is not in stock in warehouse ,you will see negative balance.

If you are super user , you should be able to drill down .

Please let me know which SAP version and patch level you are ,so that I can test that issue if i have higher version than yours .

Thank you

Bishal