cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Background Heuristic error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I ran a background heuristic job and the log showed an error message "Parallel process cancelled with error: Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible". I clicked on the question mark next to the error messag and it shows the following. Can you help me understand this message and what caused this?

Thanks

Tom,

This is the detail error message when I clicked on the question mark next to the error message in the log:

Parallel process cancelled with error: Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible.

Message no. /SAPAPO/SDP_PAR022

Diagnosis

A parallel work process has been cancelled.

System Response

The system has not processed or has only partially processed the planning objects (for example, location products) in the parallel work process.

The application has also been cancelled.

Procedure

Analyze and correct the cause of the process cancellation (using the short dump text, for instance) and restart the application.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Normally this error occurs if there are more number of parallel processing sequences occur or if more number of jobs active which is using same application server/programme/instances/location products/resources etc., which occupies memory in livecache and this error will pop up.

The maximum no of parallel work processess indicates the maximum number of work processes that can be used simultaneously. This value depends on the maximum number of work processes available in the system, which in turn depends on the number of application servers in the system and on their hardware resources.

For preventive action, the parallel process value has to be set in discussion with basis team in line with taking into account of application servers. The existing job schedules has to be revisited & reviewed so that similar type of jobs need not be active at the sametime.

The impact of this error is the system performance & livecache shelflife.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

Please check & confirm whether did you define & maintained parallel processing profile under the below menupath in customisation.

spro > sap guide > apo > supply chain planning > supply network planning > profiles > define parallel processing profile

You need to discuss with basis team for maintaining this by taking into account of application servers used in your business.

Kindly confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mareeswaran,

We have a parallel process set for the SNP background Heuristic with the value 6 in the "Parallel Processes" field. Can you tell me if the error message was caused by this? How can I recreate the error message? What I need to do so that we don't encounter this error message again? What impact it has with this error message?

Thanks,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I guess this is just a one time occurance error. I mean, this errors might not be occuring everytime you run the heuristic. As the detailed error message states, there might be some parallel process running simultaneously with the heuristic because of which the error occured.

One of the many reason for this might be, someone logged in to the same SNP planning Book, viewing the same Product_location combi.

For Further refernce you may refer the SAP Note 109666.

Hope this will help.

Regards.

Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for getting back to me so quick. Regarding to your comment "One of the many reason for this might be, someone logged in to the same SNP planning Book, viewing the same Product_location combi"

Do you mean when I kicked of the SNP heuristic job in the background, someone has loaded the Prod_Loc in the planning book at the same time in edit mode or view mode? That why the heuristic skipped over this prod_loc and generated that error message?

I also looked at the SAP Note 109666 but it was not related to my issue. This note is about MPN - RFQ reference in the purchase order issue. Is there another note?

Thanks,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Regarding your first question, Yes this might have been a situation wherein someone has been in the planning book and you just trigered the Heu. To crosscheck for this, you may re-run the Heuristic again, making sure that no one is in the book and check for the error. . .

Also, i am sorry for that note, but the note number is 1096661 and not 109666.

Please refer this note. .

This will surely work. Please let me know your comments and findings on the same.

Regards,

Prasad.

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible that two heuristic jobs are triggered simultaneously and by the way the products are selected in these jobs, same location product is being selected in both jobs.

It is also possible for the job to get cancelled if a multilevel heuritic or a network heuristic is run without determining low level codes first. This happens if same product exists at two or more levels.

Please check.

Regards,

Nitin Thatte