cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route - Transit Time

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to the business through EDI customer places orders. We maintain two shipping conditions delivery and Pick-up. Based on the customer profile we assigned shipping conditions on the ship to customer master in the shipping tab.

My query is related to the customers assigned Pick-up as a shipping condition in customer master.

As we receive orders through EDI sometimes pick-up customer will send in 2 dates on their orders.

1. Requested delivery date u2013 The date they want the order in their warehouse.

2. Requested ship date u2013 The date they want to pick up the order.

In some cases customers will only send one date that is requested delivery date. In this scenario our customer service team is manually back out the date accordingly so it will show the correct u2018material availability dateu2019 and u2018loading dateu2019 on the u2018overviewu2019 of the order under u2018shippingu2019 tab.

Eg: If customer sends the req delivery date is 05/27/2009 order created for the same. Manually we back out the date to 05/24/2009 so that the material availability date and loading date would also be changed to 05/24/2009 on the overview of the order under shipping dat.

How to achieve the functionality where the system will back the order up to show the u2018material availability dateu2019 and the u2018loading dateu2019 as the date that the carrier will be coming in to pick up the order ie On 05/24/2009 and material available in the customer warehouse on 05/27/2009.

If I can maintain the transit time as 2 days for the route determined (t code 0vtc) I can achieve this functionality. However I canu2019t maintain the lead time because we are not arranging the carrier, customer is arranging the carrier and that will be coming in to pick up the order.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my view, you can achieve Material availablility date is delivery date if shipping condition= pick up irrespective of customer requested delivery date.

Use this two user exits USEREXIT_AVAILABILITY_IN(RV03VFZZ) or USEREXIT_ADD_FIELD_TO_LINE(FV45VFZZ) and ask the abaper to write a code to modify the date fields as equal in the structure MVERF (field EDATU : Delivery date, MBDAT : Material avail. date if the condition satisfied as shipping condition = pick up.

If my understanding about your scenario is wrong let me know I will look out for other opportunity which present in SAP.

regards

rc gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gopi,

My sincere apologies for the delayed reply. I would like to reiterate my scenario.

Based on the information enter in the Idoc Sales orders are generated automatically. Let us assume requester delivery date has entered by the customer u2013 05/27/2009 if material is available, schedule lines are created for the requested delivery date and confirms the delivery date as 05/27/2009

As the confirmed delivery date is 05/27/2009, Material availability date and Loading date is also 05/27/2009(based on the config settings) u2013 These dates can view sales order overview screen under shipping tab.

In the scenario where the shipping conditions are PU u2013 Pick up, customer is arranging his own carrier to pick the goods.

As customer requested delivery date is 05/27/2009 on this date customer wants the goods in his warehouse. According to our system material availability date is 05/27/2009. If goods leave our premises on 05/27/2009 it would take X days more to reach customer. So customer is getting goods on 05/27/2009 + X days of Transit time, ultimately he is not getting goods based on requested delivery date.

In order to supply the goods on customer requested date, customer service rep has to manually back out the requested delivery date from 05/27/2009 to 05/24/2009 if material available, material availability date and loading date will be 04/27/2009. Customer can pick goods on 05/24/2009 so that goods will be in customer's warehouse based on the requested delivery date 05/27/2009.

We can achieve this functionality by giving the transit time as 2 days so that through backward scheduling system would automatically confirm the delivery date on 05/24/2009, material availabity date and loading availability date on 05/24/2009. However it is not advisable to maintain transit time for the route determined because we are not arranging the carrier, customer is arranging on his own.

Please advice a solution or a user exit to achieve this functionality without maintain the transit time and without manual manipulation how to back out the requested delivery date on the order.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awaiting for some positive suggestions.

Please let me know if someone do not understand the scenario and wanted to help me on the same. So that I can explain the entire process again.

Thanks.