cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Client Interface upgrade from 4.6c to ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're currently using BODI v.6.1, and have an existing Client Interface using SAP 4.6c.

They now updgraded their system to ECC 6.0, and we're now having problem in connecting to that R/3 system, wherein the password logon being locked everytime we connect on it.

We have checked the release notes for BODI 6.1 and have SAP R/3 Enterprise (4.7) as it limitation.

I have also browsed that that for BODI 11.7, it could support SAP ECC 6.0 via ABAP, BAPI and IDOC

noting: Please note that this support is available on Data Integrator 11.7 only and not Rapid Marts. Check your Rapid Marts documentation to get the latest support information for that product.

Is there anyway we could connect the systems (BODI 6.1 to SAP ECC 6.0) in Client Interfaces?

Or this is really a versioning limitation?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

werner_daehn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We had to change the product, really. Think about SAP Unicode as one example which needs lots of changes in ABAPs and different function modules to be used. Install a newer version, regenerate the R/3 dataflows, upload the DI provided transport (\DI\admin\R3functions\transport\ ) and you won't have any issue anymore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi wdhaen,

Thanks for the reply.

Currently, we're trying to test this using our other BODI environment with v.11.7 running on it. We still can't connect in SAP R/3 when creating the datastore but I found this thread and successfully connected the datastore by changing the password to all CAPS.

(http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=120167).

However, in the configuring the RFC client in the admin console, we still have an error:

Connect error...BODI-300116: Error connecting to CRM_CHAR_TEST1. Error: Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM TPNAME=CRM_CHAR_TEST1, GWHOST=193.236.26.4, GWSERV=SAPGW00 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host ERROR internal error (this retcode should be handled by caller of NI-layer) TIME Wed May 13 17:15:28 2009 RELEASE 620 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 36 RC -8 MODULE nixx.c LINE 511 COUNTER 6 . For detailed error information, please see the log. RFC Client will try connecting to CRM_CHAR_TEST1 in the background. To stop trying to connect from the background, perform 'Shutdown'.

Any suggestion on this? Thanks!

werner_daehn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, doesn't ring a bell. I assume you connect to the same server as with Designer...hence no idea.

Last time I did that was here: https://wiki.sdn.sap.com:443/wiki/display/BOBJ/ConfigureWebAdminfor+IDOCs

And actually, that's a good question as well: Do you really need the RFC Client in WebAdmin? It is only used if you want to send IDOCs to DI. That's the only use case...

Answers (0)