cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Columns not displayed in Universe

Former Member

I have a question regarding the character limitation on universe. The problem we are facing right now is if the table names have more than 23 characters, universe is not showing the column names. We are using Sybase database 12.5.1 and BO xi R2. If any one come across this kind of issue or any other suggestion to fix this problem. We cannot reduce the table names as it is running in production for a long time. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar issue, Fixed it by updating the

<Parameter Name="Include Synonyms">True</Parameter> in oracle.sbo file.

This allows the use of synonyms in Universe. Hope it works for rest of us.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

3 year old thread, wow!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190903
Participant
0 Kudos

Check the Table/Field length parameters in your Database's PRM file. You may also need to update that PRM on the Servers. Also, make sure your driver versions match between your connection, your Desktop PC client drivers and your Database.

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems I'm also having this problem - in the Universe designer, it can fetch columns for some tables / aliases and not for others. Seems related to the length of the table/alias name. I changed the appropriate parameters in the prm files in the BO connectServer folders but no effect.

I'm using BO XI R2 and IBM DB2 UDB v8 for zOS.

I see you mentioned checking driver versions - can you provide details on how to do this?

I established the connection in Universe - connection details as follows:

BusinessObjects Configuration :

Version : 11.5..313.313

Network Layer : DB2 CAE

DBMS Engine : DB2 UDB for z/OS v8

Language : en

Charset : CP1252

Library : C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\dbd_db2cli.dll

SBO : C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\db2\db2.sbo

RSS : C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\db2\db2udb.rss

PRM : C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\db2\db2mvs.prm

Strategies : C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\db2\db2.stg

Middleware and DBMS Configuration :

Charset : CP1252

Driver version : 08.02.0000

Driver API level : 03.51

ODBC Manager API level : 03.01.0000

DBMS name : DB2

DBMS version : 08.01.0005

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I think you need to look at the strategies used when importing the database. That will dictate how the tables and columns are found. Obviously the default one does not retrieve the 23 character tables columns.

As an alternative, you could create synonyms for thoses long named tables and see if that retrieves the columns.

Regards

Alan