Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

can somebody tell me difference in

OONR and Pao4

what kind of number ranges can we maintain by both .

what is difference in personnel planning numberrange.

I am on system getting PD number Ranges but not the Om number ranges.

what is the number range object for the OM.

In screen if u see above subgroup transaction OONR.

shruti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pa04 is used to define the personnel number ranges in PA.

Whether it is external or internal you can define also with the help of transation PA04.

OONR is used to defined the OM number ranges for

Here the first two digits represent your plan version and next two letters should represent the object types as below:

1. postion'

2. Job etc.

thanks,

amar

former_member47879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PA04 is for Numkr feature PA related and OONR is for Personnel Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti

First about OONR Tcode which is used for creating number ranges for organizational management objects which can be Position (S), Organizational Unit (O), Job (C), Person(P), Cost Center (K), and there are many others which you can see in table T788O

SPRO -> PM -> OM -> Basic Settings -> Data Model Enhancement -> Maintain Object Types

The steps for creating the number range is as follows:

Step1: Go to SPRO -> Personnel Management ->OM ->Basic Settings -> Maintain Number Ranges -> Set Up Number Assignment for All Plan Versions (Tcode OONC) In this step, you specify whether number assignment is plan version- specific or plan version-independent, in other words, valid for all plan versions. This decision is important since it affects the kind of subgroups (number intervals) you may use. If you decide not to work with number assignment valid for all plan versions, you must create individual number intervals per plan version (and possibly also per object type). If you decide to use plan version- independent number assignment, you create number intervals that are valid for all plan versions. In this case, there is no danger of parallel number intervals occurring i.e. the same number interval for one object in one plan version and for a different object in another plan version. Standard settings In the standard SAP R/3 system, number assignment is not valid for all plan versions. Recommendation If you plan to transfer data from plan version to plan version, we strongly recommend that you use number assignment valid for all plan versions to avoid objects being overwritten by others with different meanings. Activities 1. Enter 'X' in the field Value abbr. to activate number assignment for all plan versions. Leave the field Value abbr. blank to deactivate this function. Step 2: Go to SPRO -> Personnel Management ->OM ->Basic Settings -> Maintain Number Ranges -> Maintain number ranges (Tcode OONR) You can define your own number ranges (subgroups) for individual plan versions (that are not valid for all plan versions) and object types. The names of the subgroups are set up so that the first characters specify the plan version and the last two specify the object type in detail. The structure of the subgroups depends on whether you are using number assignment valid for all plan versions or not. Standard settings The entry $$$$ in the field subgroup represents all number ranges not listed explicitly. You should not delete this entry. $$$$ IN EX Example Number assignment for plan version 1 / object type S: Subgroup 10S after creating entry click on Number range maintenance button and select intervals. create entries for your external (EX) and internal number (IN) ranges EX 10000000 49999999 0 IN 50000000 99999999 50000000 and select the check box for the first row which tells what is the external number range. You can define the numbers as per your business needs and the one above mentioned is for just explaining what need to be done. After creating both extrernal and internal ranges when you go to any tcode for creating object like PO10 (Organizational unit) or PO13 (Position), you can give the number in external no. range and if you will leave it blank, the system will generate the object id by itself checking the internal number range and adding one in current number

Now we talk about PA04: This is used for creating number range foe Personnel Number (PERNR)

GO to TCODE PA04 or Tcode SPRO - PM->PA->Basic settings->Maintain number range intervals for personnel numbers and check the number range is already created or not. otherwise create like

Number From Num To Num Current Num

01 00000001 09999999 0

02 10000000 99999999 10000000

in last there will be one check box which tells you which of the two records is for external number range. External number range is one where you can enter the personnel number by your own and Internal Number means that when you go to PA40 and try to hire an employee, it will automaically pick the next number by adding 1 to current number and will aslo update the number over here. Here you will be able to create number range intervals. Click on change intervals and then Create.

After this go to Feature NUMKR (Tcode PEO3 and NUMKR) or Tcode SPRO - PM->PA->Basic settings-> Determine defaults for number ranges. In decision tree insert your number range sequence (which you want to have as default - Internal number range or external number range) number under your country, and as per your requirements based on PSA, or EG etc. Then Activate the feature. By this the number ranges are maintained, now run the action to hire an employee using PA40

Hope this what you were looking

guds

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am very happy with ur answer but now u told so many steps.

Problem is for org objects i have gone to tcode OONR and checked number range maintaince for objects but when i display the number range i get above subgroup as some number range object field where its written PD i am thinking that what is PD is it a personal developement module for which number assignment has been done.

is it possible u can send me screen shot of explaination u have given me only for organisational number assign]ment . so that i can get more clear picture . Pls.

shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

Using OONR you are maintaining number ranges of PD objects i.e. Org Unit (O), Job (C), Position (S), Person (P), etc...

The subgroup what you are getting is combination of Plan Version and Object for example 01O means Planversion 01 and the Object O (org unit).... means you are maintaining the number ranges of Orgunit for planversion 01.

Also, here you can maintain Internal & external number assignment.

Internal number assignment: If you want the SAP System to assign the numbers, enter "IN" in the 'NR' field. The number ranges are then indicated by the letters "IN".

External number assignment: If you want the user to assign the numbers, enter "EX" in the 'NR' field. The number ranges are then indicated by the letters "EX".

Well coming to customizing steps.....

IMG PATH: SAP Customizing Implementation Guide -> Personnel Management -> Organizational Management -> Basic Settings -> Maintain Number Ranges -> Maintain Number Ranges

OR TCode OONR

For example subgroup: 01O (planversion:01, Object:O)

EX: 1 to 49999999

IN: 50000000 to 5999999

So on... you can set for Subgroup: 01C (planversion:01, Object:C)

Then you can set for Subgroup: 01S (planversion:01, Object:S)

Next you can set for Subgroup: 01P (planversion:01, Object:P)

Hope this is clear with you...

Regards

Ghouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

can u tell me difference in Objects Ids and Number range . R they different.

How can we delimit existing number range and create new.

shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Object Id like C,S,P,O ...etc..

Object id are not advisable to delete and create again. Use the standard one .

Number ranges can be created as per your need

All the best

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u tell me

$$$$ is universal

but in my case it has been maintained as ext range and not used means current coloum is empty.

does it matters it internal or external used or not used

my 01o is not maintained and now that means its in $$$$ and now $$$$ is saying EXternal and not used then where i find my 01o number range.

how can i delete number range and create new.

Regards,

shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

If you want to maintain different number ranges for OM objects you use OONR. Alternatively, the below path:

IMG-> Personnel management-> Organizational management-> Basic settings-> Maintain number ranges -> set up number assignment for all plan versions

Here the first two digits represent your plan version and next two letters should represent the object type.

Whereas for maintaining number ranges for personnel numbers you use PA04. Alternatively, the below path:

IMG-> Personnel management-> Personnel Administration -> Basic settings->Maintain number range intervals for personnel numbers

This will be followed with NUMKR feature.

Regards

Ghouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what will be Om objects pls specify

and what will be Pa objects pls specify.

to make more clear

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

look

OM- Organisational Management

Position

Job

OONR

PA04 - for Personal Number Generation

u have to activate it in PE03 NUMKR

Check ur previous threads raised by u it has clear details of OM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shruti,

These are the most important objects in OM

O - Organizational Unit

C - Job

S - Position

P - Person

K - Cost Center

As for PA, they are not called as objects. However referring to ur query PA04, it is used to create number ranges for Personnel Numbers.

Regards

Ghouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

OONR it is org.mgmt relate number range

Pao4 it is PA related number range

Warm Regards