Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i save the error message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the execution of the integration process, and i get

the mapping error as follow:

RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation: Exception:[java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot cast to float. ] in class com.sap.aii.mappingtool.flib3.Stat method sum[com.sap.aii.mappingtool.flib3.Plainer@dddd08]

<b>Now what i want is to save this message.</b>

<b>How can i save this message?</b>

Thank you for your advise and reading

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is in SXMB_MONI, you can check if the message comes in the top window or the bottom window. If it is in the top window, you will find a menu button named window 1 with and arrow mark. Press it and save the file as an XML. Do the same for the bottom window but this time it wud be window 2.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all

thanks again

i will try

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha Rao

I know the Exception branch of the block

but i dont know from where i get the exception?

Is the exception a message type too? or just as string?

or something else?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exceptions are caught by Exception Hanlers in Block.

Ex:

Synchronous Send Step - You can define an Exception for each Fault Message that is defined in the Synchronous Message Interface. The Exception is thrown when the corresponding message is received.

Exceptions can be triggered by

- Asynchronous or Synchronous Send Step

- Transformation Step

- Control Step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi leo,

To know more about ur excception goto sxmb_moni and double click on message,where u will get a window which shows the flow of ur message.there u can check where the exception has been raised and wat kind of exception.

if in case if the exception is thrown at message mapping then double click on message mapping payload and u can check the error occuring there.

regards

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

An exception name is just any string, like, "timeout"

You usually have a control step, which waits for somethime (say a minute) and then transfers the control to exception handler, who handles the exception.

<i>but i dont know from where i get the exception?</i>

It not required for us to know from where the exception is raised as long as you have created an exception handler.

The integration process, will search for the required exception handler and execute it. Make sure, that the exception handler is in one of the branches of the block.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

suppose you have a step in BPM and in configuration of that step you can specify that if that step is unsuccessfull than an excpetion is raised. The name of the exception is to be mention in the that step.

and to catch this exception you should have a exception branch.

so when ever there is an error in that step, exception branch will be executed.

Exception is not a message type its a state.

in your case you have a transformation step in that step you can have exception and corresponding to that exception you have exception branch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use an exception step that catches this exception. And use an exception handler that handles this exception.

The exception handler can be configured to do this:

You could map this exception to exchange fault data (data type) and save it in your file.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to map exception to exchange fault data and output that