cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drilling-down in macros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a macro executed online working the same way as it was executed in background. My first thought was to include DRILL_DOWN functions in there until the desired level.

The macro after drilling down into the level I want does: KF_A = KF_B + KF_C (The same thing in background). And now is when the problem comes

When executing the macro in the background at the specified level, in the Interactive Demand Planning you can see the calculation successfully at all levels.

When I execute directly the macro in the Interactive Demand Planning, it drills-down to the same level as executed in background, but results are not matching at detailed level but matching at aggregated level

Please, could any one of you kindly help me with my Interactive macro?

Many thanks in advance.

Br,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David we faced a similar problem and resolved it with the help of a collective macro

1st macro - Drill down on char1, char2 , char 3

2nd macro - Actual Calculation

3rd macro - Drillup on char 3, char 2 and char 1.

There are many fine things which need to be addressed while macro design and SAP notes 433166 explains them in full detail.

Also apply SAP correction note 1151482 to your systems beforehand.

You can rest assured it will eventually work in interactive mode but will be performance intensive macro.

You can update this thread if you get stuck.

All the best.

Regards

Ankur Shrivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

First of all, many thanks for answering so much to my question posted on Friday. I really appreciate your help.

I could not try what you explained me in your post, but I will first thing tomorrow morning when I get the office.

Just one more question... Should I change any disaggregation settings of my key figures?

Thx in advance,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

No,

Changes in the disaggregation type are not required.

Please continue as suggested in the note and my earlier response to the thread

Thanks & Regards

Ankur Shrivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have even one more question to you...

I'm setting up DRILL_DOWN functions and I want to set the 'INTERNAL' parameter to avoid planners see this change in the calculation. I'm defining the following way:

DRILL_DOWN( 'char1' ; 'INTERNAL' )

but I can still see how it drills-down to the level determined. Any comments on this?

Thank you so much for your help.

Regs,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

Unless the drill-up action is also provided as the next macro step, the system is forced to exhibit the drill-down operation to the GUI.

Once you provide the drillup action with 'internal' argument, your problem shall be resolved

Thanks

Ankur Shrivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you probably know, I can't drill-down on any characteristic that has been already drilled-down.

For that, in my drill-down macro I have created an enormous IF using the standard function DET_LEVEL() to see wheather the characteristics I want to drill-down are already at detailed or aggregated level.

Apparently it looks fine, but when I select just one record of any of this characteristics. For example: if in my selection I have chosen 1 "contract" and then in the header I select just 1 Product out of 20, but it's not working as expected.

Any ideas on that? I will really appreciate any kind of help

Thank you,

David

Answers (0)