cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM password reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

We have forgotten the JSPM passwrod.Is there any way so that we can reset the password of JSPM.IS it the same as SDM.This has to be done specifially on windows any pointers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

You are right from version 7.1 , SDM is not available.

Previsouly JSPM was internally calling SDM and we were providing SDM password in JSPM

From version 7.1 , you have to provide the username & password of j2ee_admin user.

Pls check you j2ee_admin credentials.

Thanks

Anil

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether SDM service running or not.

Change the password as mention by sunny.

When you change the password of SDM it will not effext any where.

Else you have conigured NWDI , if you configured NWDI then you have to change the password in NWDI where you have mainained the NWDI password.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

a small question: do i need to configure anythign else apart from executing .Go batch file on Redhat linux server. As per guide to run JSPM i need to start .go -remoteui but its not starting up with -remoteui option.

i started it using command /.go and tried to execute remoteGUI option from <systemname>:<portname> (5xx19) on windows ie. the screen come up for rmeote gui dbut it does not ecxept default password setup initially.

There is no more SDM available in the letest releases i guess. only JSPM under J2EE folder. i dont know if iam missing something or i should change password using NWDI, since i won tsee SDM directpry does this mean there is no SDM installed.

i am on NW 7.1 CE, on linux Redhat.

please clear my doubt.

Mani

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

first try to change the password from SDM GUI because JSPM and SDM use same password.

If it does not work then, please use below command to change SDM password on window and after password changed successfully, use same password in JSPM:

1. Go to the drive we have installed Portal ( C:\ or D , from the command prompt.

2. let us suppose the portal is installed in C:\ drive

3. From the command prompt. go to SDM directory as

C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program

4. Execute the following (just copy-paste)

sdm jstartup "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "mode=standalone"

5. Execute following line (replacing Password1 with your new password for SDM)

sdm changepassword "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap/J2E/JC00/SDM/program" "newpassword=Password1"

6. Also revert SDM back to integrated mode

sdm jstartup "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "mode=integrated"

7. Start SDM - StartServer.bat

If still error persists then please provide latest log file from SDM log direcotry /usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance ID>/SDM/program/log

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

I am trying to login into JSPM from windows as front end (unix as the OS for NW 7.1 CE). I started the go file on UNIX but unable to start ' go -remoteui '. but when i try to login its not accepting my passwrod as setup initially (as mian pass for all users).

i want to reset password for SDM, but i am not sure it wont change pass for other users too and any functionality which uses SDM user id n pass. can you or anybody confirm me if i change password for SDM it wont change pass for anything else?

I will really appreciate your reply.

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

By default ,the JSPM password will be same as the master password which you have given during the installation.

Regards,

Gopinathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats true but the problem is that when i typed the master password it is giving me a error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ambarish

Let me know if you need any additional help changing the password using the above link.

Good luck!

PJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case, reset the JSPM passwrod as PJ suggested !.

Regards,

Gopinathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even this is not working ....its still saying that wrong password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ambarish

Did the SDM start without any errors?

Can you paste the relevant SDM logs.

sdmlog*.log

sdmgui*.log

PJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

JSPM doesn't have it's own secure repository. The tool is using SDM password - basically JSPM is wrapper around SDM.

The procedure to reset SDM password doesn't require to know the old one. All you need to do is set a new one. You could try the password is working via SDM RemoteGUI. So if it's OK there it should be OK with JSPM.

If still no luck with password resets please paste some logs - resetting the password should be enough I think.

Regards,

Vasil