cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

document hierarchy and document structure....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone give me a clear picture of document hiererchy band document structure

i have read the material, could not distinguish both...need a clarity with an example

Regards

surya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Further, in Document Hierarchy, the superior document cannot be released unless the documents under that are released..

Regards

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

See By simple words

Document Structure

Similar to document BOM.This will help you to create a BOM comprising of various DIR's under one Library

Usage: In production order instead of attaching various documnets in line Item , Instead create a Document stucture and assign it under Production BOM which will occupy under single Line Item.

The function for exploding a document structure from top to bottom gives a list of all the documents and text items contained in the structure. Each document contained in such a structure can have its own document structure, as well as being a component of others. These document structures are exploded completely, level by level. The depth of the explosion levels is unlimited. The document structure can be accessed directly from the processing functionality of the document info record.

Document Hyrarchy

You can Create a link between the originals attached in the DIR, by defining the superiority status .

By defining a superior document, a direct predecessor for a simple document hierarchy can be set. The hierarchy is not limited to this level; it can be expanded from the superior document.

The superior document can:

u2022 Be superior to other documents

u2022 Be inferior to another document

Documents of different document types can be put into a document hierarchy. Recursiveness is not supported; the same document may not appear in two different places in the hierarchy. This means that a document can only be entered once in the entire u2018explosion pathu2019. By entering superior documents, an entire document hierarchy can be represented in the system.

Let me know if you need More info.

Regards,

Muralidharan