Did you mean: 

Event trace not working

former_member182485
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did SWELS and swithced on the event trace

then created 2 materials changed some of PO's

then again SWELS and switched off the trace.

While looking at SWEL it is showing no entries except event trace on and event trace off.

I have used SWEL many times even it is having the past entries but now for any case it it not

geting populated what can be the reson ?

Any input in this regard will be highly appriciated.

Regards

Bikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bikas,

Try t-code SWU9 helps.

Also try this path Tools -> Business Workflow -> Development -> Utilities -> Workflow Trace -> Display

Thanks

Ravi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bikas ,

Try with the following step.

If I am not wrong after ECC 5.0 , during the switching on trace there is a restricted by user, for only that user the events gets displayed. Try to keep that value as space or your SAP ID.

After switch on , you go to the same place to switch off, you can see one more button with 'Restriction for Trace' which will contain the user id for which it will trigger the events, in that selection try to keep all selections as space and save and try again.

After that try to do some changes using the same Id/or any id (if its space ) , then you can able to see the events.

Regards,

Sabari Prabhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bikas,

Just Check if the RFC (workflow_local_XXX) is working fine (Check if there are entries in SM58 which are not yet delivered) on your client. May be the RFC is not able to deliver the event.

If there are entried present in SM58 for RFC destination (workflow_local_XXX),

They just needs to be reprocessed or consult Basis of any errors shown.

Thanks,

Amit Jain

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you "created 2 materials changed some of PO's", I don't think it generated any events.

Has anything changed there? Did it generate events in the past?

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to create event in swue tacode and try to check whether there is any entry in SWEL. You can also check the event adminstration SWEQADM.

Thanks

Arghadip

former_member182485
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arghadip da,

I created event using t-code swue but still it is not coming in the event trace, I show through SWEQADM event counter is not increasing.

Yes I have past entries in my Event trace as I already mentioned. Is there any setting to stop triggering the events ?

Regards

Bikas

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You're creating events with SWUE and they're not showing up in SWEL, even after you turned on the event trace with SWELS? Are you sure? I can't say I've ever seen that before, when you find the cause please be sure to post it here. Are you checking for short dumps, authorization problems?

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try,

T-code SWEQADM - Event Queue Administration.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

SKJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check for some other TCode whether event trace is working or not.