cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI Commit

Former Member
0 Kudos

We currently are trying to execute a BAPI call and have selected the Option Commit Handling for Single Bapi Calls.

The problem is that the BAPI does not provide a Return segment when it is successful and for this reason I think the COMMIT is not beiong executed.

Could someone please let me know how to handle successful BAPI calls where the RETURN segment does not come on successful calls and hence there is no TYPE field to evaluate.

According to the documentation we have the following:

"The result is determined by the value of the field TYPE in parameter RETURN. If successful, the tables are empty and the values u201Cu201D, u201CSu201D, u201CIu201D, and u201CWu201D are displayed. All other values are regarded as errors."

But our response contains this

<RETURN />

So you can see no TYPE.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

But in the event that that isn't an option do you have any ideas?

Thanks

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mendez,

I think the bapi and the commit is working correctly.

If you do not get any messages in return, that means its a succesful call.

In other words getting no messages in the return table is an indication that the transaction was succesful.

Check your backend system to see if the application document got posted.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey,

thats the point it wasn't posted. we read the documentation on this bapi and it states it doesn't provide the normal return paramters.

so could someone tell me if there is away to get round this using the advanced paramters in the file adapter or should I use BPM to call the commit separately?

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mendez,

What is the name of the BAPI?

For some BAPIs there will be parameters like COMMIT

YOu can try passing an 'X' if such a parameter exist.

Regards,

Ravi

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can always create a BAPI wrapper (Z function which calls the original bapi, has the same parameters as the original one and has a commit work at the end )

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk