cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to catch the error occurred in Integration Process, and then save it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. how to catch the error occurred in Integration Process, and then save the detailed error message to the file?

2. there are fault message type for inbound message interface, how to use the fault message type in IR?

Thanks,

Michael

Message was edited by: Spring Tang

inital

detailed message output

fault message type

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When there is an error or an exception in an integration process, you could use a exception step to catch the error or exception.

You would also have to place an exception handler which is going to handle the error or exception.

The handler could send this error as a fault message to the receiving system.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Smith and Bhavesh. here what you can do is

you can define an execption for the step in which you are expecting an error. and then for that step/block you can have exeception handling branch. in that branch you can send a message to file or you can send a mail to administrator or you can even trigger an alert.

Thanks and best of luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

In integration process, many kind of errors can happen, how can I output these errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, there can be many kinds of errors that can occur. But you could group most of the errors into a general category.

For ex: you could have different types of mapping errors itself, but you could group them under a generic mapping error, and have an exception handler for it.

Having a exception handler for each specific mapping error occuring might not be a feasible solution.

Regards,

Smitha.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Spring,

<i>many kind of errors can happen, how can I output these errors</i>

Well, configure alerts with alert rules for each of these errors and then use the Alerts in your BPM.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Spring Tang,

In your integration process each step like transformation(mapping), send,recieve step can have error so for those individual steps you can have seprate exception defined and for each exception you can have seprate exception branch.

for example

you have

Send step S1,S2,S3.

Receive step R1,R2,R3.

Transformation step T1,T2,T3.

than you can have Exception as

ES1,ES2,ES3 for S1,S2,S3

ER1,ER2,ER3 for R1,R2,R3

ET1,ET2,ET3 for T1,T2,T3

and you can have nine exception handler branch.

but ideal approach will be to group the errors logically and have one exception for one logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

when message mapping errors occurred, for example, the required field not mapped. how can I output these kinds of errors

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Spring,

If u give an exception step along with your Transformation Step, whenever some error occurs in your message mapping, this exception block wil be triggered.

You can configure your exception block to do all exception processing that you want. This exception handling is like any other java Exceptio n Handler. You can do anything that you want in your exception handler block on the basis of your requirements.

<i>If an exception is triggered at runtime, the system first searches for the relevant exception handler in surrounding blocks. If it does not find the correct exception handler, it continues the search in the next block in the block hierarchy.

When the system finds the correct system handler, it stops all active steps in the block in which the exception handler is defined and then continues processing in the exception handler branch. Once the exception handler has finished processing, the process is continued after the block.

If the system fails to find an exception handler, it terminates the integration process with an error.</i>

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the Exception handling of your BPM to ctach any error including System exceptions and do the corresponding processing for it.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/33/4a773f12f14a18e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh