Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xcmdout.log

aris_hidalgo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

for the nth time, I have trying to install the Netweaver ABAP edition. I already installed MaxDB and when I try to install Netweaver it says that check XCMDOUT.log file so when I check it it says failed to start the database. I check ed in windows services but it is already running. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please copy the last 20 lines or so from the XCMDOUT.LOG file in this thread?

Additionally, please also look in the rundirecttory of the db instance (normally /sapdb/data/wrk/<SID>) for the file knldiag. After the error occurred, there should also be relevant (and important) error information in this file. Please copy the output (see if the date/time match) in this thread aswell.

Regards,

Roland

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

remove Maxdb and make a fresh install.

Before you do this oben DB Manager and look if the DB is running fine. Usually logspace isnt sufficient and DB switches in Admin mode. You dont see this in Windows services.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar issue that was a result of the superdba password being too long which resulted in a failure on step #11 (create db schema). Try the following:

1. Go to control panel and remove the MaxDB

2. Rerun the installation using SAPINST.BAT

3. When any database related password is prompted, use "admin". ie, superdba/admin

Hope this helps!

BR,

Phong Hoang