cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Office installation affects MS Excel Macro Execution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I plan to use Live Office with Excel so that I can import data from a WEBI Report regularly and use macros within Excel to allow users to add data and manipulate the WEBI Content (by copying to another sheet, filling in a questionnaire relating to the date, etc, etc)

One of my macros attempts to run on closing the workbook, however this macro does not run all the time when I have Live Office installed. I initially thought this was a bug with Excel 2003, I installed the latest service pack (SP3), repaired my installation and also did a complete un-install and re-install, none of these fixed the problem. As soon as I uninstall Live Office however, the problem goes away.

My macro code runs using Workbook_BeforeClose and I attempt to hide a specific worksheet as below.

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)

Worksheets("test").Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden

End Sub

When Live Office is installed the excel file will hide the worksheet the first time it is opened, and then the second, but not the third. (I expose the sheet to be hidden in between each of these) As soon as I uninstall Live Office, the problem disappears and the sheet is hidden every time the file is closed.

Has anyone else seen this issue of Live Office interfering with macros?

If it's a known issue is there a fix for it?

The version we are using is BO Live Office XI 11,5,10,1262 - is this the latest?

I would really appreciate any guidance anyone can give me on this - at the moment this is a showstopper for my proposed solution - if it's not possible to fix it I'll have to revert to users copying data into Excel - which seems a shame when Live Office offers so much potential!

Thanks in advance,

Sarah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

11.5.10.x corresponds to SP 4. You may try to download and install Service Pack 5 and FIx Pack 5.3. You can find those here: [http://service.sap.com/patches].

Regards,

Stratos

Answers (0)