cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to colour a one Column in Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is to <b>colour a particular column in a table</b>. Also I can specify as to which column has to be coloured at the design time itself. I tried to search on WebDynpro Forum also but could not get any related help.

Can you guys help me in solving my problem.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We cannot colour a particular column of table. But what we can do is to show the data in that column in a different colour, provided you are using TextView as cell editor for that column. In this case you can set the 'SemanticColor' property of the textView to one of the predefined values like critical or negative.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Nibu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nibu,

Thanks for the answer!! But I am using the InputField in the table cells. So according to you does it mean that I cannot make a particular column coloured.

Nibu, this is the requirement for us and we have been given the requirement doc for this. In that document the column of the table is colured. So how these guys would have done that??

I dont know why I have a gut feeling that this can been done. Can you give some lights on this.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am almost certain that we cannot colour a table column. Let us just wait for Valery or Armin to confirm this from SAP :).

Was the said requirement doc prepared in WD ? I don't think so

Regards,

Nibu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dheerendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Exactly Same ......U can't Color Whole Column....But can change the color of text-Views.......By Sementic Color.........

regard's

Dheerendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheerendra/Nibu,

If its not there then I think this should be done as a part of a functionality of WDF.. What do you say?? Because this can provide a better look for the UI. Lets say our case I have "<b>Result</b>", as one of the column and I want to higlight it.

Ok, Lets wait for Armin and Valery.. But when will they come??

Anyways is there some way in which I can highlight a particular then, not coloured!!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDN Help,

Highlighting specific columns / cells possible starting from NW04s, for previous versions of NW04 it is not implemented.

Btw, <b>emphasized</b> text for <b>Result</b> will grab user attention in the same way as background with different color.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

Thanks for the info. BTW how is it done in the NW04s.. If you have some clue then please let me know.. I think I can do that here.

Till the time I am trying to do it with the way you told me.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually, in NW04s you have "cellDesign" property for TableColumn and CellVariant UI elements. Manipulating this property allows to color complete row or even special cells.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

I have already solved the problem. I have complted this few hours before only.

Yes you are right, I have used the same property "<b>cellDesign</b>" for adding the colour to a particular column.

Anyways thanks for you help and suggestion. Also Valery, I have not closed the last thread which I have opened regarding the <b>"Adding of filter to table"</b>, I will do that, the delay is just because I have not tried the method you have told me. I am stuck with some urgent work. Anyways your way of getting all the records using the special character <b>"*"</b>, has worked for me...

Hope I could get to that thread soon.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I could solve the problem by following code snippet, but as Valery said this is only valid in NW04s:

WDTableCellDesign cellDesign = null;
iTabColFinal.setCellDesign(cellDesign.CRITICALVALUE_LIGHT);

where:

<b>iTabColFinal</b> = column object.

Regards