Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cretaion of custom BW Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BW/BI Gurus,

I have facing one problem while creating Custom BW Authorization.

Steps followed for the same:-

1-Define the ZRISKLVL InfoObject as Authorization Relevant

2-Create a reporting authorization object for this InfoObject -This would be done through transaction RSSM

3-Assign the authorization object to the relevant InfoProviders.

4-Now, Go to PFCG Create roleassign manually Authorization (ZRISKLVL), but the values are not coming Master data ID field

Please help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and Regards,

Jagat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After assigning authorization objects to Info provider then you can directly assign it to the user through "RSECADMIN" transaction, no need to create a separete role again for it.

hope this helps.

Regards,

K S Srinivas Reddy

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagat,

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

If the field ZRISKLVL is made as an org level then you should also assign the values # and : in the field values.

Hope this may help.

Regards,

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After assigning authorization objects to Info provider then you can directly assign it to the user through "RSECADMIN" transaction, no need to create a separete role again for it.

hope this helps.

Regards,

K S Srinivas Reddy

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you make info object as authorization relevent then you have observe two things.

1.if you want to maintain info object is navigational or disply attributes make info object charesterstic as with master data in master data/texts tab in RSD1.

2.if you want to maintain hierachy in in info object you have to click on with hierarchy in hierarchy tab.

BW 3.5 use RSSM for custom authorization object.

BI 7.0 use RSECADMIN for custom authorization object.

Regards,

Asif

0 Kudos

Hi Asif - how to create a custom authorization object by using RSECADMIN? When I try to create, it's giving option only to create analysis authorizations. Please tell me the procedure to create custom authorization objects?

Thanks,

Abhi.

0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Please follow below steps to create custom authorization object using RSECADMIN.

Goto RSECADMIN>under authorization tab>click on maint>specify authorization name>click on create>specify description>then click on add above auth structure>specify info object(which has mark autorization relevent in RSA1)>then click on SAVE.

for BW 3.5 we use RSSM for creating custom authorization.

BI 7.0 we use RSECADMIN for creating custom authorization object.

Regards,

Asif

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Custom Authorization object means you mean Analysis Authorization object only or anythng else?

Regards,

Jaya

0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you need to assign the custom authorization object to analysis authorization object only.

Regards,

Asif