Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Purchase Order creation via a user exit...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement to display an error and hold the PO creation when a material in PO doesn't have a planned price. I used the enhancement MM06E005 and EXIT_SAPMM06E_012 within that. I checked the material planned price and passed an error message depending on the result. But me21n gives user a option of holding data instead of stopping on error message. Is there anyway of keeping users from saving POs under this condition?

Thanks

Naveen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

With the new enjoy transaction, the error messages are not displayed immediately. They are accumulated.

Unless the errors are cleared, the user will not be able to save the PO.

Regards,

Ravi

note : Please mark the helpful answers

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

With the new enjoy transaction, the error messages are not displayed immediately. They are accumulated.

Unless the errors are cleared, the user will not be able to save the PO.

Regards,

Ravi

note : Please mark the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is not a problem.

This is just to save the user's trouble for recreating the PO.

If your error is getting saved at PO header, then unless that error is cleared, the PO can not be processed further.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Shashank

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick replies. What you are saying is true. but the problem occurs when someone converts a PR to a PO from J4AD. When user holds the PO, J4AD updates the status from A to B (i.e. to PO created). Customer wants to stop this also. Can't seems to find a solution for this.

Thanks,

Naveen

0 Kudos

Naveen,

That means you want to STOP the creation of PO from a PR. What are the conditions on which creation should be allowed. Probably you should plan to use Release Strategy for PR. So, that a PO can be created only after the PR is released.

Is there something that I am missing?

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi,

I explained the situation to them and they seems to understand the limitation of controlling this via a user exit. Functional consultants are looking at the config side to overcome this...

Thanks again for all your help.

0 Kudos

Naveen,

I think configuring RELEASE STRATEGIES is the solution for this. That way you can even control who can release the PR's and assign the authorizations only to some users.

The problem with the user exit, is that there is no clear cut condition when you want to create the PO and when you don't.

Regards,

Ravi

Message was edited by: Ravikumar Allampallam