cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Syncbo types in MI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know as the difference between Two way synchronization BO and Timed Two way synchronization BO.

When shud we go for S01 and when for T01 Sync BO

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>2-way</b> Executes both data download and upload in each access from a client to the server. The delta BO determination between the application DB in the backend system and the mobile client local DB is triggered in each access. This means it is based on the latest state of the backend system at the point of each access. However, the performance can be low, as it is synchronously performed.

<b>Timed 2-way</b> Executes both data download and upload in each access from a client to the server. Since the delta BO determination between the application DB in the backend system and the Replica DB for the device in Smart Synchronization is executed via periodical job, the performance is high. However, there might be cases where the Replica DB is not most up-to-date at the time of an access from the device.

<i><b>Synchronization Type-</b></i> Timed 2-Way (T01)

<b>Downloader-</b>Executed. Base data for delta detection is replication database.

<b>Uploader-</b> Executed if message contains upload data

<b>Replication from Backend-</b> Triggered by scheduled job

<i><b>Synchronization Type-</b></i> 2-Way (S01)

<b>Downloader-</b>Executed. Base data for delta detection is the backend system.

<b>Uploader-</b> Executed if message contains upload data

<b>Replication from Backend-</b>Triggered by the device

regards

Arun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

A two-way syncBo directly fetches data from backend, i.e the data from the client DB is compared with the backend DB getting you up-to-date data.

On the other hand, a timed two-way syncBo client fetches data from the Replica DB present on the Middleware. This replica DB is updated with the data from the backed only on replication; which normally is performed by a scheduled report. So the data may not be latest but gives better performance as compared to two-way.

Ideally, S01 should be used for transational data while T01 should be used for data which is not frequenly modified like master data.

Regards,

Rahul

Don't forget my points, if this helps.