cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML form, webdynpro or adobe forms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement to develop a form that needs to be published on the internet for managers to fill in. This form needs to be interactive, will have radio buttons, check boxes, input text boxes, drop downs and buttons to click...

There are a few approaches and I would like to know the merits and demerits of each scenario :

1. Smartforms can be converted into HTML output, and then use IACs to make them interactive.

2. Use of Web dynpro

3. Adobe Forms.

We are on ECC 6.

Please can you comment on these?

Thank you for your inputs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello vaishali,

Adobe form:

1.It's an open standard

2.An Ideal document format

3.It provides security options like -

a.Digital signature validation

b.Disable save option

c.Disable select option

d.Disable print option.

Benefits Adobe Provides for SAP -

1.Use of PDF format ensures that the appearance of the form remains same, irrespective of the environment it is being used in.

2.It helps in optimization of business process by automating the creation of data for SAP systems. Thus saving time and costs (in case of interactive forms).

3.Integrate business processes with more users.

4.Overcome limitations of paper based forms like -manual data entry, error prone and easily outdated, traceability, high costs in production and storage.

Use of PDF Forms

1.PDF-based forms can be used for the following:

2.Order confirmations

3.Invoices

4.Account statements

5.Checks

6.Salary statements

7.Delivery notes

8.Customs forms

9.Industry-specific forms, such as quality forms in the

automotive Industry

*I had this document from SDN wiki *, since I am not having the link I am posting it under my name .

Comradely,

K.Sibi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member226203
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Webdynpro can be the easier way coz it is mainly designed for web applications.Here u jus need to design the layout with the fileds that need to appear. this can be integrated to the portal.

However, u can use Adobe forms too. u can design an adobe form with fields and u can hve a SUBMIT button on this from. When Submit is pressed, u will hve to frame the logic such that it is sent as a mail and he can make the changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

acc to me web dynpro is the easiest and simple way to do it as one can easily do in web dynpro.

thanks

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Web Dynpro ABAP would be better idea interms of time and effort comparing the rest.

Abhi