cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying NWDS apps via SDM in Sneak Preview SP16 Java Full Edition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Posting a learning. I had trouble getting this working, and other similar questions/answers in the forums didn't fix it for me.

To deploy NWDS apps via SDM to the Sneak Preview SP16 Full Java edition, I had to do the following:

- create a new user with id: admin (this seems to be the default user ID that SDM uses to connect to the J2EE engine with to deploy apps)

- assign it the same password as the SDM: admin (SDM seems to use its own password for the "admin" account hence this is the easy way to make them the same)

- add it to the group "Administrators" (not the role "Administrator") (SDM requires that the user used be a member of this group)

- enter "admin" as the default password into the SDM login prompt when deploying my app (this is the default password for SDM)

Can't vouch for other SP versions or non-Sneak Preview versions.

Good luck!

RBL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me the steps to create new password as explained by Robert. How to go to SDM server etc..

BM

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

In other version also, Default SDM logon (admin/admin) works fine. We tried creating different users with admin rights. But it is work around

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Mr.Robert. I had the same problem. Now, it is solved. Thanks for posting your thoughts to us.

Kumar