cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF Lexicographical

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could anyone tell me whether they have managed to transfer products from more than one R/3 system into APO where they all have differing lexicographical settings?

In our case, one R/3 system is lexico on, one is lexico off and the APO system is lexico on. I can CIF the product initially from either system but it results in a locking problem when trying to CIF from the other location.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Kind regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

If your two R/3 systems give different lexicographical setting, then the products will not identified similar in APO, they will be considered with different codings and you will get problems in CIF.

As a standard practice, if many R/3 systems are integrated to APO system, the lexicographic setting has to be similar so that in both the systems will have similar values. Still, if it is a special or cutomer requirement, then some special coding has to be written in the interface to have common values.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Senthil

We have tried with an R/3 developer to write the coding, and whilst this works for alphanumeric products we get locking problems with cifing the product from the second system. My question was whether it can be done or it is possible. We tried modifying the APO user exit EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001 but that hasn't worked so far.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

This is possible in system but there is no sap standard user exit to cater this requirement. You need to write our own custom logical exit. You can use the exit EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001 as a base to construct the custom code.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil

Our developer is looking at the exit but he can't find a solution. I wondered how APO knows what the setting was in the sending R/3 system?

Many thanks for your help.

Michael