cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement Packs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our system is ECC6/Unix/oracle, planning to install the support pack to the latest level 18 and also enhancement pack 2 0r 3

My question is, are support packs and Enhancemnent both are independent to each other or linked to each other, i mean to say if we install support packs, can we ignore implementing the enhancement pack s and in the same way if we implement the enhancement pack can we ignore the support packs.

I have read the documentation, but still not clear, i posted the question if the experts can help me.

Thanks for the time and replying me back.

ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Our system is ECC6/Unix/oracle, planning to install the support pack to the latest level 18 and also enhancement pack 2 0r 3

This is not possible. You either have to choose to update your system to SP18 or install an enhancement package.

If you install SP18 your component will be

ECC 6.00 SP18

if you install an EHP (EHP4 in this example) it will be

ECC 6.04 SP3

You can check

Note 1064635 - SAP ERP Enhancement Packages: SP Stacks Release Info Note

for equivalency between the normal support package levels and EHP support package levels.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the information.So as per the note and your information , we can either implement ECC 6.00 SP18 or ECC 6.04 SP3, cann't implement the both, is it the same case with SP17, SP16.(do u have SAP notes for the same, i have searched couldn't find the same.

Because in the Note 1064635 , it says only upto SP15 and for the same if we want to implment Enhancment pack 3 , we implement EHP SP Stack 4 for Support pack stack 15.

Please help.

thanks for your patience.

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rama,

you can first go for SP upgrade and then go for EHP upgrades,it should not be an issue

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But what MArkus says is right, we cann't go for both implementation that is EHP 2 or 3 and also SP 18.

I have a question, whether it is the same with the SP 16 and SP 17.

Because for SP14 and SP 15 there are equivalent EHP packs that can installed.I haven't found any notes for the SP16 and SP17 whether equivalant EHP packs can be installed.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama

Note - 1095233 will tell you clearly the support pack requirement for EHP 3

Regards

Anish

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

> My question is, are support packs and Enhancemnent both are independent to each other or linked to each other, i mean to say if we install support packs, can we ignore implementing the enhancement pack s and in the same way if we implement the enhancement pack can we ignore the support packs.

Look when you upgrade support packs to your system it will correct some of your errors,i mean to say that it will be act like a medicine for some error.But it will not add your system new functionalities to your system.On the other hand when you upgrade enhancement pack it will add new functionalities to your system & at the same time correct some error in your system.