cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform / HTML Form / Webdyn Pro or Adobe Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement to develop a form that needs to be published on the internet for managers to fill in. This form needs to be interactive, will have radio buttons, check boxes, input text boxes, drop downs and buttons to click...

There are a few approaches and I would like to know the merits and demerits of each scenario :

1. Smartforms can be converted into HTML output, and then use IACs to make them interactive.

2. Use of Web dynpro

3. Adobe Forms.

We are on ECC 6.

Please can you comment on these?

Thank you for your inputs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vaishali ,

Adobe forms would be a viable solution as its an open standard

and provides security options using Digital signature validation

Benefits Adobe Provides for SAP -

1.Use of PDF format ensures that the appearance of the form remains same, irrespective of the environment it is being used in.

2.It helps in optimization of business process by automating the creation of data for SAP systems. Thus saving time and costs (in case of interactive forms).

3.Integrate business processes with more users.

4.Overcome limitations of paper based forms like -manual data entry, error prone and easily outdated, traceability, high costs in production and storage.

Use of PDF Forms can be used for Order confirmations, Invoices ,Account statements, Checks,Salary statements , Delivery notes , Customs forms ,Industry-specific forms.

Comradely ,

K.Sibi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your requirement ideal suit would be Adobe Forms as it is

i) interactive

ii) Can make it offline which helps managers to do the activity at their convenient time