cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement Variant for specifying allowable status for project settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know the transaction code for setting selection criteria for excluding certain system statuses (ex: created, closed) for project settlement. I am not sure if it is CJ8V - but I could not find status that could be selected (this is only available for selection/status profile)

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use BS42 to define the status seslection profile. When defining the variants in CJ8V you can maintain the particular status combination, which you define is BS42 (status symbol on top of screen) and filter on Projects.

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

Thanks for your reply, if I want to restrict by System status only, I simply need to create selection profile and no need to status profile right? (which means that the status profile field can be blank in BS42)

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right. Dont chk the box for Usr (2nd column) and in this case the system will expect a system status and not the user status. Also leave the status profile field blank.

You can define a combination seperately, conatning either only the system status or only user status or combination of both as per your business requirement.

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

Could you help to confirm the intend for putting the selection variant to exclude closed / created WBS system status for settlement - CJ8V? Is this for system to not read those with system status created/closed WBS - exclude them for settlement? From my understanding, if user puts a closed WBS for settlement system will issue erro saying tha the WBS is closed - cannot be settled. I want to confirm if putting such filter will let SAP to skip checking totally (ignore those WBS) and will not even issue error.

Thanks!

Regards,

Vivian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I guess your perception is correct. I have used this status selection profile in other reports to eliminate the unwanted WBS. This defnly will reduce the time to process data and performance will be fast.

Say for example you have 1000 WBS, if you set a proper selection profile then system only have to process limited no of WBS (say 500 WBS are with CLSD status, n u can eliminate them thru status selection profile) and only 500 will be processed, which will reduce the batch job time. If you dont maintain the status selction profile, then system will hav to process 1000 WBS and then it will give a issue log on CLSD WBS, which will be cumbersome.

Although I havnt tried this in CJ8V, but the logic will be same as it works for other reports.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

Thanks a lot for your reply, just a last question, for the "settlement variant" you are referring to CJ8V right? (not sure if there is other transaction code for this).

Thanks!

Vivian

Former Member
0 Kudos

CJ8G is the transaction where you carry out the collective settlement by selecting the Variant. The variant is defined thru CJ8V. You can click on create tab in CJ8G, which will take you to CJ8V screen

Sarang

Answers (0)