cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change table column order

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a table with several columns belonging to a context node and several others to different nodes (these last ones correspond to dropdown boxes).

I can set the desired column order, but when I verify all the dropdown boxes are again at the end of the table and when I return to the wiew the corresponding columns are right at the beginning (?!)

How can I fix this?

Thank you in advance,

S.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally re-created the table and added the columns one by one. That made the order to remain stable.

I've bound the table (not the columns) to the table node. Despite the fact that some columns are bound to external nodes there seems to be no problem.

Thanks for your help.

former_member211591
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've got the same problem. I can't change the order of columns by moving the UIElements up and down within the list.

Recreating the table cannot be the solution.

Why can't we change the order of the columns?

Has anybody an idea/solution for that?

Thanks and regards

Ismail

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ismail,

I know this discussion is from almost a year ago but for what it's worth, I had the same problem at one point and this SCN blog article resolved the issue for me.

Cheers,

Amy

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the layout(under the rootuielementcontainer) just put your columns of table in the same order which you want at the time of output. (Right click on the table columns and use UP and DOWN options to get the desired order).

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've already done that, but thanks. The problem is that items return to the wrong position.

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please exlpain your requirement in detail. When you are able to set order and when again these are not in the order which you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can order the columns in the wiew, dragging them (the up option shows up, but the down one is for some reason deactivated).

I then activate and then verify. The columns are again in the wrong order. When I change from the wiew to, say, the componentcontroller (or quit the web dynpro) and then select the wiew again, the columns show in the wiew in the wrong order.

So it seems my changes are automatically undone for some reason.

Thanks for your help.