cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define a Webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying a SOAP --> PI --> BAPI scenario.

I am in the Configuration Directory and trying to define the webservice. However I am using a BAPI that I imported from our ECC system and it is not coming up as an option in step 3 for me to select. In fact for that fact I can't even see any IDocs or BAPI's I can only see the Message Interfaces. Is there something that needs to be done for me to be able to use BAPI, RFC or IDocs?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> I am trying a SOAP --> PI --> BAPI scenario.

>

> I am in the Configuration Directory and trying to define the webservice. However I am using a BAPI that I imported from our ECC system and it is not coming up as an option in step 3 for me to select. In fact for that fact I can't even see any IDocs or BAPI's I can only see the Message Interfaces. Is there something that needs to be done for me to be able to use BAPI, RFC or IDocs?

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/11/07/walkthrough--soap-xi-rfcbapi

you need to define a MI.

Create a MI and use it to define the Webservice.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> >

> > Hi,

> >

> > I am trying a SOAP --> PI --> BAPI scenario.

> >

> > I am in the Configuration Directory and trying to define the webservice. However I am using a BAPI that I imported from our ECC system and it is not coming up as an option in step 3 for me to select. In fact for that fact I can't even see any IDocs or BAPI's I can only see the Message Interfaces. Is there something that needs to be done for me to be able to use BAPI, RFC or IDocs?

>

> /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/11/07/walkthrough--soap-xi-rfcbapi

>

> you need to define a MI.

> Create a MI and use it to define the Webservice.

One tip.

If you want to actually have the BAPI structure for your Webservice definition then create a MI and provide the bapi req. and resp. in the MI

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!