Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to upload sales orders from MS-excel spread-sheets. The upload process has to take place in Production once the system is live. LSMW does not seem to be a good option here as the user is going to run this upload process after go-live. We do not wish to use BDC's because it is not so convenient for the user to have a look at the errors occuring during the upload process. Do we have to create Idocs for creating sales orders or is there any other way out?

Thanks,

Alam.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alam,

I would recommend IDOCS as it has excellent error handling capabilities. Especially in your case since the data load has to be done after go-live it would be easier to trouble shoot , given the fact that you might not have much time.

Other options would be using a BAPI to load the sales orders. Though this is also a good process, the error handling capabilities are not as good as idocs.

The advantage is that you dont have to setup the ALE settings and other related dependent customizing.

BDC is definitely a NO NO

Cheers,

VJ

Message was edited by: Vijayendra Rao

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alam,

I would recommend IDOCS as it has excellent error handling capabilities. Especially in your case since the data load has to be done after go-live it would be easier to trouble shoot , given the fact that you might not have much time.

Other options would be using a BAPI to load the sales orders. Though this is also a good process, the error handling capabilities are not as good as idocs.

The advantage is that you dont have to setup the ALE settings and other related dependent customizing.

BDC is definitely a NO NO

Cheers,

VJ

Message was edited by: Vijayendra Rao

0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

Thanks for the reply. Do you happenn to know the Function module that we could use to create an Idoc.

Thanks,

Alam.

0 Kudos

Alam,

If you have data in a file, I don't think we can use ALE/IDOCS method to upload the data. In my view you should still go for BAPI's.

You cannot create IDOCS in the same system to be processed.

IDOC's are used to send data from one SAP system to another, like sending ORDERS from CRM to SAP R/3.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alam,

My recommendation would be to go for BAPI, as it synchronous and can quick log, how many have been uploaded and what are the errors in the remaining.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the reply. So do you think BAPI would be a better idea over Idocs.

Regards,

Alam.

0 Kudos

Alam,

Yes I definitely prefer BAPI's in this case. IDOC's come into picture when you want to send data from another SAP system.

More over all it takes write a program, upload the data into a table, format the parameters according to the BAPI and call the BAPI. The log can be clearly written - what are the orders created, and which records have failed and for what reasons. You can even schedule this as a background job to run at off peak time, if you have got too many orders to be created.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : please mark the helpful answers, on the left side of the screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use BAPI 'BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT1' or 'BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2' to create sales order using data from excel sheet.