cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patching CRM online only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We have a CRM 2007 (ABAP only). We want to patch the middleware only without the Mobile Clients on the laptops of the sales representatives. Could someone tell me please which components I can patch without having to patch the CRM Mobile Clients? All except BBPCRM?

We are using the following components:

SAP_ABA 700 0016 SAPKA70016 Anwendungsübergreifende Komponente

SAP_BASIS 700 0016 SAPKB70016 SAP Basiskomponente

PI_BASIS 2005_1_700 0016 SAPKIPYJ7G PI_BASIS 2005_1_700

ST-PI 2005_1_700 0006 SAPKITLQI6 SAP Solution Tools Plug-In

SAP_BW 700 0018 SAPKW70018 SAP NetWeaver BI 7.0

CRMUIF 600 0004 SAPK-60004INCRMUIF SAP CRM UIF 600

SAP_AP 700 0013 SAPKNA7013 SAP Application Platform

BBPCRM 600 0004 SAPKU60004 BBPCRM

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

probably I don't understand your question but of course you can patch everything in your CRM system unless it is a SP upgrade. In this case you also need to upgrade the MSA clients.

There are no dependencies in patches for CRM and MSA unless it is mentioned in the regarding note. E.g. there is a fix for the comm.-station which also needs to be applied on the MSA client.

What especially do you want to do in your system?

Regards,

Wolfhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your help!

I want to patch all compontents mentioned above. When I patch BBPCRM usually the bdocs have to be regenerated. Perhaps it could be that this would cause that some DLLs on the Clients have to be changed.

I thought that at least...

Regards

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the generation which you probably mean is done with Tx smoggen or smogtotal or gnrwb.

This only generates the function modules but does not affect the BDoc definitions themselves.

Only after the activation/generation of a BDoc definition some steps on the MSA clients need to be done (generating of new version of TPS.NET file).

Regards,

Wolfhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

You can patch everthing that you have mentioned there. This will not have any effect on the mobile client. All will be ABAP releated .Dll's would not be present generally.

Thanks

Abishek

Edited by: Abishek Kumar Thiagarajan on May 11, 2009 11:47 AM

Answers (0)