cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyDMS not getting started

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have installed EasyDMS in my system but while login to SAP Server it is saying invalid username or password. but the same time i can able to login to sap server with the same user id and password. is there any config problem with EasyDMS ?

please let me know , what should i do?

Regards

Bhuwan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After Getting authorization from Basis people , issue got solved.

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhuwan

Check this Wiki.Go to CA-DMS-EUI.

Here you will find all info on SAP DMS as well as EDMS

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/DocumentManagement%28CA-DMS%29

Check this note also.You will need it.

1276709 FAQ for Easy DMS

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Edited by: MANGESH PANDE on May 8, 2009 1:22 PM

Edited by: MANGESH PANDE on May 8, 2009 1:39 PM

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhuwan,

first of all I would kindly ask you to change the value for the system parameter 'login/password_downwards_compatibility' from '1' to '0' if you are using passwords which are longer then 8 characters. Because value 1 forces the system to use downward compatible passwords which means to be only 8 characters long. You can edit this parameter in transaction RZ11.

For further information please see also the attached note 1055698. I request you to please do one more test. In easyDMS logon screen, next to system drop down you will see a button. Click on that and you

will see another screen. Select the system and then edit.In the next screen please check the case sensitive password and then close. Close the easyDMS logon and re start the easyDMS and try and check if you get the error again.

Further please see also the notes 1023437 and 862989 which contain more useful information on the logon behavior.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

once i login to easyDMS i can see all the server detail was there into my SAP GUI but as you said once i click to button which is there near to available system dropdown i cant see anything do i have to do any setting over there ?

Thanks

Bhuwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please tell me what are the property i should maitain in EasyDMS ? i have list of systems which i have in my SAP GUI but i click on button next to available systems i can see sap destinations, there i select functions. once i go to edit functions i see dropdown box with select a connection parameter and its value property list like sap logon entry etc...please

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please create a new entry here for you system and define the parameter 'SAPLOGON_ID' and us the value which is also displayed as description for the system in the SAPGUI logon pad.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Configure systems in sap logon pad itself. easydms generally reads the same entries which are mentioned in sap logon pad..so ideally in edms logon screen you will be able to see all the systems which are defined in sap logon pad..

also in case you are using special characters in your password, get some test user with some easy password withou special characters etc and can give a try..

rgds

anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats true , all entries are coming automatically but still i am not able to loging, getting msg

Logon failed (RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION).

SAP_CMINIT3 : rc=20 > Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connect_PM GWHOST=192.168.254.98, GWSERV=sapgw00, SYSNR=00

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host

ERROR partner '192.168.254.98:3300' not reached

TIME Fri May 08 17:23:21 2009

RELEASE 710

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 39

RC -10

MODULE nixxi.cpp

LINE 3139

DETAIL NiPConnect2: 192.168.254.98:3300

SYSTEM CALL connect

ERRNO 10060

ERRNO TEXT WSAETIMEDOUT: Connection timed out

COUNTER 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

my sap login details are

Application Server--> 10.0.0.210

number--> 00

ID--> D10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhuwan

I have also faced similar problems.. Have u applied the latest patch from service marketplace?

If not, ask ur BASIS admn to download and apply the patch..

My problem was in login it was taking only Capital letters.. after applying patch it was resolved..

Regards

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure , i will try and get back to you.