Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook express integration with R/3 and Portal

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen a new system setup where we can assign security group to a user in Outlook express and it will give some authorization in R/3 and Portal. I am first time seeing this concept .Can anybody pls explain me how to create the security group in outlook express and method of integrating it with both R/3 and Portal.

I appreciate all your help.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It may be possible with SAP DUET. We can create Security group in Outlook Express, but i don't think if we assign user to security group it will give authorization in R/3 and Portal.

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we assign the security group to a user in outlook express ,it will give authorization to access some tabs on the portal screen

Note : The username in outlook express, portal & R/3is same.

I think now everybody can help to tell the technology behind this concept and configuration guides.Please let me know to create the security group and mapping it with Portal.

Thanks in advance

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please click the below link.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/206762fd-0380-2b10-e880-ee786bae7dd0]

Regards

Krishna

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the link..

but its not the one I have been looking for ragarding the mentioned scenario.

!)A User will be present in both outlook express and SAP system ,when we add a security group (SG *) in outlook expressthe user will get authorization on Portal screen.

2) After assigning a role in R/3 ,we should add the security group to that use for some access permission.

Could u pls explain me how the concept could be and Integration method.

Thanks in advance

I appreciate all your help.