cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External debugging in SAP for an RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I call an RFC function module from a program I want to debug it in the destination system. I tried setting up the external debug on,system debugging and all other techniques mentioned in few forums here but am unable to debug in the destination system.

I am calling a BAPI in the Target System.

Any valuable inputs on this are welcome!.

Regds,

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you are calling from an ABAP system......

Put a break point in your program just before calling the RFC. Once you are in the debug mode. Set the "System debugging" from the menu at the top. Now step into the call of the RFC. Once you have arrive at the other system in debug mode, choose Breakpoint, breakpoint at, function module. Enter the name of the RFC that you just called into the field. Hit enter, now hit F8. The debugger should have now stopped at the first statement of your RFC function module. Debug as needed.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When i switch the system debugging on in my source and logon to target its not working!Its not stopping at target system at all. I tried this technique already.

Regds,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To debug your program proceed as follows:

1. write following code in your RFC :

DATA NUM TYPE I VALUE 1.
WHILE NUM < 2.

ENDWHILE.

2. This will begin an undefined loop. Now, goto transaction SM50, select your program in process overview, and goto Menu "Program/Mode->Program->Debugging"

3. Debugger will start at While loop statement. Change the value of NUM to greater than 2 to get out of loop and proceed further with debugging

Hope this solves your problem. Award some points if u find it useful

Answers (0)