cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Document Management from SAP LSO and IT1062

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I need to use the Knowledge Link Infotype (IT 1062) for linking to documents in the DMS for use from within SAP LSO.

I can upload the documents using Tx OAOR, but how do I add the link to the document in IT 1062?

Is there another way of uploading the document which I should be trying?

What is the best / easiest way to upload a document to DMS and also link to it in IT 1062?

Thanks in advance

Anton Kruse

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Everyone

I`v done a research and i believe its better to do the standard way of managing contents for LSO.

Based on my finding its better to use Kpro(Knowledge provider) for this purpose. DMS and CMS Services both are Kpro Services when DMS uses(in standard way) for documents related to MM and CMS recommended for LSO.

CMS can link to KM(Knowledge management) and also using Authoring Environment you can manage all contents related to LSO.

AE allows you to use external Authoring Tools in order to provide eLearning. indeed you can use CMS repositories to store LSO Docs.

Since you may decide to give users an access to learning material it is a good idea to upload docs in a way that easily being accessible from web.

Integration between CMS and DMS is possible( refer to link below: Integration of CMS & DMS).

Authoring Environment:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ls200/helpdata/en/e6/c9e81df5ed11d5997000508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

Integration of CMS and DMS refer to SAP SCN:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/15/aea9375d79fb7de10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Any idea/recommendation/suggestion from you experts warmly appreciated.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate if you can still Give more information to your subject to resolve your issue.

Regards

Muralidharan.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure what extra information I can give you.

I am a bit stuck as to what solution to propose.

The requirement is simply to upload a document to a DMS, link it to the D object and have the link to the document displayed in IT 1062. (Knowledge Link infotype)

Any light you can shed on the subject would be much appreciated.

Thanks again in advance,

Anton Kruse

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anton Kruse

The requirement is simply to upload a document to a DMS, link it to the D object

Yess you can Create Documents ( DIR )in SAP DMS and attach Originals ( MS word, MS Excel, pdf,jpeg files ) to this DIR.

This DIR can be linked to various Objects in SAP ( Specification Document to Material Master ( MARA) , Drawing to BOM, Proposal to Sales order etc).

So this is possible.

Now next part

• have the link to the document displayed in IT 1062. (Knowledge Link infotype)*

Now which is this Object do you want to link to.DO you mean HR Infotype.I also checked infotype 1062.But no such Infotype is available.May be its customer specific or I may not know.Please throw some light on it.

Till then check this link.This gives detail information how to link SAP DMS Document to Object.Also to develope link to other SAP Object.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c1/1c26a043c711d1893e0000e8323c4f

Waiting for your Inputs.

With regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry about that.

IT1062 is an SAP LSO (Learning Solution) infotype.

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anton Kruse

I am not aquanted with SAP LSO.can you give some brief idea about it.

Is it a seperate module in R/3,or extension to SAP HR.

Also please let me know that your SAP LSO (Learning Solution) infotype is standard object.

Then we can think of linking your infotype to your object.

Check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/b2/c043a66fab11d1949500a0c92f024a/content.htm

Also please let me know the business scenario you are trying to achive with SAP LSO and SAP DMS.

Wating for your inputs.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply.

The infotype in question (1062) is a Training and Event Management Infotype.

Training and Event Management is an integral part of SAP HR and has interfaces to all of the relevant SAP application components, making it a basis for extending and updating your employees' skills and knowledge.

I have the following link to the SAP Library documentation on IT 1062, but nowhere can I find information on how to use it.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/8d/820f0fecef11d2a6480060086e454f/frameset.htm]

The prerequisites are all in place, but I still need to know how to link the document in KW to IT1062.

A Step by step guide would be most useful.

Thanks again.

Anton Kruse

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check Link

I think you will have to do a big developement for this as standard Link is not available

to SAP DMS and HR Infotype.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande