cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add attributes for InfoObject??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can someone tell me <b>how to add attributes to one InfoObject?</b> I changed the InfoObject to 'change' mode but I still cannot add them. Thanks in advance.

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

majeed_mohammedabdul
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi John,

U have to just goto I/O change mode and goto the attrib Tab and then insert the new info object which u want it as a n attribute of that I/O.

Inserting in the sense u can either enter the whole technical name and hit enter or if u dont know the tech name then u can enter what ever u remember and then click on the drop down symbol

Hope this helps u

Regards

Majeed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Majeed,

That was what I did but it didn't allow me to add any attributes. Do I miss any steps? Here is what I did:

<b>select the IO-> select 'change mode'-> go to 'attribute' tab-> add attribute in the column (this step didn't work).</b> Any advice?

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

After I selected 'change mode', the IO version is still 'A active'. I couldn't change it to 'modify'. Do I need to 'DELETE' first?

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

John

As I said try from RSD1 transaction and it works

RSD1--> choose your infoobject and go to maintain mode choose Attribute tab click on create attribute button in the left side of the screen and it allows.

Thnaks

Sat

0 Kudos

dear J.,

check if your infoobject has 'reference' to other infoobject. check if there is 'reference' and infoobject specified. (e.g 0sold_to has reference 0customer)

if so, you cannot add attribute to it, you can only add attribute(s) to the reference infoobject then it will reflect to this infoobject.

hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

John

RSD1--> choose your infoobject and go to maintain mode choose Attribute tab click on create attribute button in the left side of the screen and it allows.

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sat,

There is no 'create attribute' button in the left side. <b>Is it because that this attribute is used by IS, ODS, and the CUBE???</b>

J.

0 Kudos

hi J./Sat,

J., i think you are in display mode, try to rsd1 again and type in the infoobject, after that in next screen is it said something 'you can only maintain infoobject ...' (other infoobject).

Sat, the button 'create' in attribute tab is used to create new infoobject with 'attribute only', we can directly type in existing infoobject(s) in the blank column if the infoobject is in change/edit mode.

if 'reference' is not the case, then check SM12 if that infoobject is lock by certain user, perhaps you edit in other screen and forget to 'check out'.

hope this helps.