cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive file in FTP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I am trying to archive a file with time stamp in sender FTP adapter.

the file is getting archived but i am getting following error in channel monitioring:

Failed to archive file 'sfsf.txt' as '../archive/sfsf.txt' after processing. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 rename: No such file or directory.'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

the folder structure i am maintaining in FTP is like this .

source directroty : ./home...../sender

archive directoty : /home...../sender/archive

my question is , whether i have to mention complete archive directry path or i can give just ../archive, will it pick the preceeding path from source directroy.Is there any other ways to mention the archive directory/

My archive folder is inside the source folder.

Please suggest the cause of the error , if you have experiance the same.

Regards,

Ani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

complete archive folder path is necessary....alongwith any solder folders

like: C:\Abhishek\File\Source\Archive

Edited by: abhishek salvi on May 8, 2009 1:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

The directory you want to write to has to be existent. You cannot create it using the archive option. Additionally the user <SAPSID>adm resp. your FTP user needs sufficient read/write access to the directory you want to write to. Sometimes FTP servers answer "... does not exist" but they mean "...you are not authorized".

Regards,

Volker

Edited by: Volker Kolberg on May 8, 2009 9:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anika,

You need to specify archive path as "/home...../sender/archive".. if you put "../"..which means it will go one level up in folder hierarchy ( not in ) ....and will try to find folder in upper level hierarchy folder...

Hope this will help.

Nilesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anika,

Make sure that you check the check box "Archieve files on FTP server" in processing tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should give the directory name /home...../sender/archive. Check the archive folder have (read,write,delete) full access.

Regards,

Prakasu.M

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See this blog:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The error message No such file or directory clearly states the file is not accesible for XI server

Check whether the ftp server is up and running.

Check whether u have specified the correct path in adapter config.

Regards

Abhishek