cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC links between ECC6.0 & BI dev systems(SEM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

ECC6.0 development and BI development systems are in our landscape. Now

need arised to delete existing RFC links between these two, and

recreation of RFC links. In BI development system, configuration done

for both BI work((ETL model) as well as SEM work.

Is existing configuration disturbs, upon recreation of RFL links

between ECC6.0 & BI development system?

Regards,

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

you didn't say why you need to delete and re-create the RFC destination(s). If you are re-creating them with a different name, then many things could break.

Of course BW extraction depends on an RFC connection to ECC, but there are other cases, too. For example there could be remote InfoCubes in BW that read directly from ECC (via RFC). Or there could be planning scenarios in SEM/BW-BPS that go against ECC.

You really need to plan and test this change well.

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marc for your reply.

Ours is implementation project, both BI & SEM projects are not gone live. Initially BI consultant, extracted some data for BI project. Recently when BI team tried to extract data, data is not coming from R/3 to BI. BI team asked to recreate RFC links. In SEM, client asked only BPS module(planning applications). So i designed around 15 planning applications, without actually taking R/3 data. For each planning application, SEM configuration(plng areas,levels,abap code, fox code) is completed. Now actual data to be linked to SEM applications. As you already know, my question is upon recreation of RFC links, is SEM configuration distrub?. In my case there is no retraction from SEM to ECC.

Please share your ideas.

Thanks,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

few background jobs stopped processing of newer jobs for data extraction. Basis consultant, deleted old jobs, and now there is no problem in data extraction. thanks for ur inputs..

thanks,

naresh

Answers (0)