Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Web Dynpro NWDI

former_member182161
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am modifying ESS Web Dynpros and i am used to do lot of testing before i usually check-in.

Is there anyway of testing ESS Web Dynpro modified before check-in the code, Activating??

null

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello santhos,

as Eric already mentioned, you can just locally build and deploy your application before you check in the changes. The application will de deployed to the J2EE Server you have setup at your NWDS.

regards,

Markus

former_member182161
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then i will see those changes in Portal. I think the whole idea of using NWDI is to control deployments to J2EE Engine in this ESS case atleast. I am looking for an answer where there is a way of deploying this ESS DCs with a different name and when i am satisfied with changes i have made i can update that Web Dynpro DC with the SAP Delivered name. Looks like this is not possible.

Thanks for answers. These answers are good for normal Web Dynpros and I am aware of this. But in the case of ESS Web Dynpros if you have any more ideas i would appreciate.

Thanks

null

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should use a local (development) server to test your own developments, that's what Markus meant. NWDI supports up to 4 systems in your landscape: Development, Consolidation, Test and Production. Additionally you can define a 5th(!) server in your NWDS for local deployment and testing.

Deploying with a different name is not a good practice: You should test exactly that what you intend to deliver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

You can have a local WAS installed along with your Netweaver developer studio. and then you can sync all the webdynpro DC to your local developer studio. here you can modify those dc and you can test those DC by deploying those on local WAS.

Additionaly if you dont want to modify standard DC at all then you can copy standard DC to a local webdynpro DC and then you can modify those.

or else you can transfer complete Software component on other track and there you can modify DC in that Software component. finaly you can transfer those changes to orignal track using Repair concept.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about using NWDS? That would let you deploy it locally.