cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between R/3 originated PO & Mysupply Originated PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anybody let me know what are the differences between the PO created directly in R/3 & the PO's which are created while creating shopping carts in mysupply.

Thanks,

Prashanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you say R/3 Originated PO , Do you mean PO created directly in R/3 from SRM?

There are 2 cases:

Classic : Shopping Cart is created in SRM but the PO is created in R/3 directly . PO is the leading document in R/3. This PO cannot be changed in SRM system but can be changed only in R/3.

Extended Classic: You create a shopping cart in SRM and the PO is created in SRM and is replicated to R/3. Here PO is leading document in SRM . any changes to PO in SRM is replicated to R/3.

Note depending o your business scenario of the maintanience of the products in SRM or R/3 you can choose the Classic or Extended Classis Scenario.

Regards,

Sapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks ...

Could you please explain me difference in po created in R/3 from SRM & PO manually created by using ME21N transaction in R/3 System.

And i would like to know what are the different fields like (document type , tracking number ...

thanks & regards,

Prashnath.

peter_novoth
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

in case of classic scenario -beside of the document type of the PO and the used number range- there is no real difference, because the leading PO is the backend PO.

In case of extended classic scenario, the leading PO is the backend PO. This has the consequence, that not all information is replicated from the SRM system to the backend system (e.g. the text are not replicated by default) and in addition to this, the backend PO can not be changed (this is controlled by the fieldvalue EKKO-STATU = 9).

Regards

Peter