cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem during data extraction program (tran - RSA3) in SC system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are extracting data from one of the data source (9ALS_SBC) through trans RSA3. We are using active version 000 for the same.

but, the transaction is showing error below:

Error when generating program

Message no. /SAPAPO/TSM141

Diagnosis

Generated programs are programs that are generated based on individual data objects, such as planning object structures, planniung areas and InfoCubes. These programs are then executed in the transaction. An error occurred during the generation of such a program.

There are two possible causes:

The template has been corrupted.

The object that the template uses to generate the program contains inconsistencies, for instnace an InfopCube has not been activated.

could someone tell me how to solve this error?

i hv corrected all the inconsistencies but still it is showing same error!

thanks in advance for this help!

with best rgds/

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jay,

the error can have several reasons, it depends on your business scenario and system settings.

I send you some possible reasons and solutions:

The problem can be that the technical datasource name has changed inside the planning area. The planning area has other extract structure assigned as the datasource.

This could have happened due to a planning area or datasource transport.

The best way to repair this is to create a dummy-datasource for the planning area with transaction /N/SAPAPO/SDP_EXTR. This will update the relevant tables with the new datasource structure.

Please check if the other datasources will work correctly as well. If not you may create similar dummy-datasources for the other aggregates as well.

Please do not forget to delete the dummy-datasources as well in /N/SAPAPO/SDP_EXTR.

You can try to re-generate the data source at transaction /SAPAPO/SDP_EXTR and recheck the issue.

Run /sapapo/ts_pstru_gen via transaction se38.

In the selection, enter the Planning Object Structure used and select 'Planning area extractor' and set the flags on the 2 bottom checkboxes 'Reset generation time stamp' and 'Generate'.

Maybe the extract structure which is assigned to planning area doesn't exist in your system. This could happend at the time of transport.

Please refer to following content from note 549184:

=======================================================================

Q4: Why could I have extraction problem after transport of DataSource?

A4: DataSources for DP/SNP planning areas depend directly on the

structure of the planning areas. That's why the planning area MUST

ALWAYS be transported with or before the DataSource.

========================================================================

To solve this inconsistency please try the below:

-Please reactivate the datasoure on Planning Area.

And activate all active transfer structures for a source system with RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVATE_ALL programme on se38 transaction.

I hope these proposals could solve the error.

Regards,

Tibor

Answers (0)