cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict changing status on PO

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a way to prevent certain users from changing the status of a PO from "Held" to "Complete". Our Purchasing department generally puts a PO on hold in case other data is required before actually saving the PO to be submitted to the vendor. But, another user may go into ME22N, make changes, and click Save instead of Hold. Are there some sort of blocks or messages that can be generated when a user changes the status from "incomplete" to "complete"?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

You can find this user exits <b>EXIT_SAPMM06E_012</b> in t/code SE37. This should be available in ECC 5.0.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have activated the user exit. But, it is not called by ME22N. What do you use it for?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

Here is the list of user exits with description that are used in ME22N.

EXIT_SAPMM06E_001 - Other Number Range or Own Document Number

EXIT_SAPMM06E_004 - User Exit for Cust.-Specific Control of Import Data Screens in Purchas

EXIT_SAPMM06E_005 - Field Selection Control: Vendor Address Screen

EXIT_SAPMM06E_006 - Export Data to Customer Subscreen for Purchasing Document Header (PBO)

EXIT_SAPMM06E_007 - Export Data to Customer Subscreen for Purchasing Document Header (PAI)

EXIT_SAPMM06E_008 - Import Data from Customer Subscreen for Purchasing Document Header

EXIT_SAPMM06E_009 - Reset Customer Data at Beginning of New Document (Without Dialog)

EXIT_SAPMM06E_012 - Check Customer-Specific Data Before Saving

EXIT_SAPMM06E_013 - Update Customer's Own Data in Purchasing Document

EXIT_SAPMM06E_014 - Read Customer-Specific Data when Importing Purchasing Document

EXIT_SAPMM06E_016 - Export Data to Customer Subscreen for Purchasing Document Item (PBO)

EXIT_SAPMM06E_017 - Export Data to Customer Subscreen for Purchasing Document Item (PAI)

EXIT_SAPMM06E_018 - Import Data from Customer Subscreen for Purchasing Document Item

EXIT_SAPMM06E_020 - User Exit: Change Document for Requisitions (Conversion into PO)

EXIT_SAPMM06E_021 - Fulfillment of Target Value: Release Orders Against a Contract

You may need to ask your abaper to put break point in each above exits and find an appropiate exits for checking status changes.

Again hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

We are currently in SAP version 4.7 and ECC 5.0

Which version are you now?

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are on ECC 5.0. But, our ABAP programmer could not find the user exit you mentioned. What transaction code do I use to find it?

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

It is ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST (SE18)

Path :

SPRO -> Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Business Add-Ins for Purchasing -> Extend Processing of Enjoy Purchase Order

kind regards,

Yann

Message was edited by: Yann Bouillut

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

You can code some logic to display popup message (with action button) in user exits <b>EXIT_SAPMM06E_012</b> - Check Customer-Specific Data Before Saving when the user tries to change PO status for on hold PO.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We could not find the user exit you referenced above. Which version of SAP are you using?

Message was edited by: Monique Stephens

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

You maybe can use ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST badi and the check method to issue warning or error message...

Kind regards,

Yann

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the suggestion. Could you possible provide us with some more information about this BADI (ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST). I looked at the documentation in the IMG but was not very clear as to what this BADI does.